PDA

View Full Version : older bunton

FDC
06-04-2005, 11:22 AM
wow! my son just picked up an older bunton just like the one Glenn J has does anyone know how to adjust the height on it i took the rear wheels off and there seems to be no adjustment there, its cutting to short, the only adjustment is on the front casters any suggestions?
thanks Fred

jim dailey
06-05-2005, 08:40 AM
wow! my son just picked up an older bunton just like the one Glenn J has does anyone know how to adjust the height on it i took the rear wheels off and there seems to be no adjustment there, its cutting to short, the only adjustment is on the front casters any suggestions?
thanks Fred

Check for the spacers on the blades, also. You can adjust the cutting height a lot that way. Just a suggestion.

topsites
06-05-2005, 11:24 AM
thanks Fred

Hmmm, dunno but on toros you adjust the rear wheels from inside there are holes in the frame which lower/heighten the entire axle.

You can also go to jacobsen.com, they have product manuals likely you can download your own manual in pdf format but does require online registration.
That's what I did for my old '95 toro they had a manual at toro.com :-)

Peace

Glenn J
06-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Check for the spacers on the blades, also. You can adjust the cutting height a lot that way. Just a suggestion.

I agree. Check the blade spacers. I'm guessing that there are a few just above your blades. To raise the cutting height, remove the spacers from under the blade and put them on top of the spindle, just under the nut that secures the blade bolt.

FDC
06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
thanks guys
i did do as ya said and removed the spacers and made sure all the air was at the right pressure in all of the tires now on a leval cement floor its set at 2 and 3/4 inches in height, i would like to get it maybe up to 3 and 1/2 inches but that seems to be impossible unless i go to a bigger tire size in the rear any other suggestions thanks again
Fred

Glenn J
06-06-2005, 01:51 PM
I'll measure my blades and see where they're at.