PDA

View Full Version : Echo 260t or Redmax 2600

Lawn Ranger 13
06-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I am going to buy a new weedeater next week and I need some feedback. I am currently running both a Redmax 2500 and a Echo 2100 trimmer. I have been using the Echo for five seasons and the Redmax for three. I have had no problems with either trimmer. I personal like the Redmax better because it is more powerfull than the smaller Echo. I am looking at the 2600 or 3000 Redmax or the 261T Echo. Any information would be appreciated.

Tider6972
06-04-2005, 04:34 PM
That's an interesting couple choices. The 261T apparently gets it's "T" designation from gearing, not actual torque increase of the 260 series engine.

I'd also love to hear from someone who's used both the Echo 261T and the Redmax 2600; but I'm betting we won't!

I've got the 2600s, and they are fine. I've also got the 3000 and it ie GREAT! Both a little bit lighter than the 2600s and a lot more powerful. It's the best I've used, period.

mkwl
06-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Get the Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer! I have one and I absolutely love it!!! It is light and it has a ton of power and torque! IMO echo is homeowner stuff.

2tall
06-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I currently run a Redmax 2400 and an Echo srm-260. I prefer the Redmax over the Echo.
The Redmax seems to have more power, it's lighter and doesn't have a trigger lock like all the other trimmer brands do.
The one thing I dislike like about Redmax is the trimmer head and the amount of vibrations sent back to the operator. I put an Echo head on it and it helped out tremendously.
The Echo doesn't feel as powerful of a motor compared to the Redmax even though its 1.5cc larger. It is a very smooth machine. Very few vibrations are sent back to the operator. The Echo does have the trigger locks that I dislike though.

You can't go wrong with either machine. Good luck.

ed2hess
06-04-2005, 07:37 PM
We have two of the 261T units and like them a lot. You can't go wrong with this unit especially if you run long cord, this unit has the horses to flat go get it. And they now have a carb adj. so you can top out the rpm regardless of the temperature conditions. The unit will go through a couple sets of clutch pads a year under heavy use.

MercyMe
06-04-2005, 09:12 PM
We have two of the 261T units and like them a lot. You can't go wrong with this unit especially if you run long cord, this unit has the horses to flat go get it. And they now have a carb adj. so you can top out the rpm regardless of the temperature conditions. The unit will go through a couple sets of clutch pads a year under heavy use.

The Echo SRM-261T trimmer is just plain awesome! It's like no other 25/26 cc trimmer I have ever had. The torque is unbelievable.

txlawnking
06-04-2005, 11:22 PM

Ed, where is the adjustment on the Echo? And what does it specifically accomplish? Is the adjustment a recent deal, or is it on all of them?