PDA

View Full Version : Lighting at the shore

Harry0
06-04-2005, 08:51 PM
I do landscape lighting at the shore. I have been using a aluminum path light that requires taking out 4 screws to change the bulb. In two years they have corroded and I can not get them out. a Also the paint is chipping bad. Anyone have any recommendations for a better light at the shore-Brass? Stainless?
Thanks Harry

NY Landscape Lighting
06-05-2005, 12:40 AM
You might wanna try bronze fixtures. Second choice might be brass. Salt air tends to corrode aluminum fixtures quicker.

Harry0
06-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the reply-I was thinking of using fixtures that do not use screws too I will try bronze though.
Harry

Frog Lights, LLC
06-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Please take a look at our line . Frog Lights, LLC we have stainless and brass ...perfect.

Frog Lights, LLC
07-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't mean to make you " C R O A K " but our soon to arrive shipment contains all the latest- hotest designs of LED , path, area, wells and all styles made of stainless steel , brass, aluminum and guess what ...Extra Heavy solid sand cast bronze. We also feature waterproof lights for ponds and waterfalls. The best transformers on the market at the best prices. The major point is our merchandise is priced so you make the profit. Life time warranty, best prices, huge selection, free shipping, ...Make room for the bull frog he is not full of bull s...

YardPro
11-25-2005, 06:07 PM
i am at the coast ans have to use composite fixtures..

Dreams To Designs
11-26-2005, 08:12 AM
HarryO, check out the Cast fixtures. They are solid bronze and have held up very well for me at the Jersey shore. http://www.cast-lighting.com/index.html

Stainless is only good depending on the alloys used. The alloys are what will give you pitting and corrosion. As you have seen aluminum corrodes very easily and quickly in a salt air environment. Copper will do some strange things in this area also. Make sure your connections are well soldered and sealed against the elements. You also have to be careful of what the lamp sockets are made from. Many fixtures will use aluminum for the sockets and you will have a very difficult job changing lamps. A liberal coating of lithium grease can be a big help with lamp replacement.

Cast even has an article on Oceanfront Lighting.
http://www.cast-lighting.com/art-steve-ocean.html

Kirk

ahrdscape
12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I second that on Cast lighting. Also Dreams To Designs great tip on the lithium grease.
Awesome product for down there. No-Ox Marine coated wire too.

Dreams To Designs
12-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Aversa, you must be a neighbor, but I am unfamiliar with your company or work. Do you do a lot of paver work and lighting in the area?

Kirk

Frog Lights, LLC
12-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Our line of stainless is made of the best quality and will not pit or change color. We also have cast bronze fixtures.
We sell at 20% off wholesale and free shipping to Lawnsite members. (except wire and transformers). Watch for updated website showing many many new products. We will be at the Hardscape show coming up also.

lilmarvin4064
12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
hi frogs light, I'm wondering why you don't sell any Led lights that utilize Luxeon 1, 3, or 5 watt lights. or you could use Osram golden dragons, Elara moons or Io moons. You should look into them, they can be very bright, come in more colors than the 5mm, and can easily be dimmed without color variation. I have made a few lights using them, only I lack the ability to make a housing for them. The led-cluster lights are going out of style dude. I will post a pic here soon of one of the lights I made.

Frog Lights, LLC
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
We are negociating with Osram as we speak. Over the next few months we will have some other configuratations.