PDA

View Full Version : Learning when to stripe

DJ Contracting
06-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I was wondering when you guys stripe (when you cut or after you cut) also in the pictures that i have see, looks like the stripes are more evident with long cut (3"1/2 to 4") anybody have pictures of stripes @ 3".

chefdrp
06-04-2005, 11:20 PM
most of my pics are cut at 3. just do a search on my name and look at the pics.

gogetter
06-04-2005, 11:31 PM
I was wondering when you guys stripe (when you cut or after you cut) .

I definately prefer to stripe the lawn after I cut it.

Ax Man
06-05-2005, 07:37 AM
I only stripe after I cut if they pay extra. Otherwise I make the mower do it while I cut... He he

Premo Services
06-05-2005, 07:51 AM
I only stripe after I cut if they pay extra. Otherwise I make the mower do it while I cut... He he

Yup, the commerecial mowers, with their fast blade tip speed, suction make real nice stripes while you are mowing. But you need a commerecial mower for this. Or you can do what the ballparks do and use a roller to make the stripes.

They make rollers to lay good stripes too. for mowers, but I find that the eXmark mowers make some awesome stripes.

On a funny note, I picked up a new customer and they were willing to pay extra for the stripes. I declined and told them it comes with my package.... payup

DJ Contracting
06-05-2005, 08:01 AM
chefdrp i found the thread and they are nice stripes, i have a gravely 2148 with a stripe kit (a piece of rubber attached to the rear of the deck) which is adjustable, however last night i went to check the rake of the deck and found that the back was lower than the front. I adjusted the rake so that the front is 1/8 lower than the rear, you would of thought that my dealer would know how to set up the deck, anyway i'll find out this week if it stripes any better. thanks guys.

liquidforcedude7
06-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Yup, the commerecial mowers, with their fast blade tip speed, suction make real nice stripes while you are mowing. But you need a commerecial mower for this.

I think I might have to disagree with you on this one, I can make pretty prominate stripes with a troy-bilt 42" lawn tractor. Ill get some pictures later but they can definately be noticed from the road. And by all means my mower Isnt commercial. :blob3:

Premo Services
06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I think I might have to disagree with you on this one, I can make pretty prominate stripes with a troy-bilt 42" lawn tractor. Ill get some pictures later but they can definately be noticed from the road. And by all means my mower Isnt commercial. :blob3:

:rolleyes: To each their own, I prefer the commercial mowers. I believe they were made to withstand the treatment and abuse we give them and with a little maintenance and repairs they will last a long time. If you get good stripes and can cut lawns of any size, any terrain, without a commercial mower, and make money more power to you...

liquidforcedude7
06-05-2005, 08:34 AM
:rolleyes: To each their own, I prefer the commercial mowers. I believe they were made to withstand the treatment and abuse we give them and with a little maintenance and repairs they will last a long time. If you get good stripes and can cut lawns of any size, any terrain, without a commercial mower, and make money more power to you...

I know And Ive got to move up to commercial failry soon I was just saying that I can get pretty good stripes with a lawn tractor and it doesnt have to be some fancy commercial Z.