PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 19 Hp Dies

MORETORQUE
06-05-2005, 06:43 AM
My Kawie 19 HP runs for 2 minutes then just quits like it is running out of gas. The fuel pump is pumping fuel. The motor does not backfire much so I believe it is fuel and not spark. Where should I start . THANKYOU!

Restrorob
06-05-2005, 07:37 AM
My Kawie 19 HP runs for 2 minutes then just quits like it is running out of gas. The fuel pump is pumping fuel. The motor does not backfire much so I believe it is fuel and not spark. Where should I start . THANKYOU!

When it dies pull the spark plug and check for spark,Kawasaki is known for bad coils,If it has spark proceed with a good carb. cleaning and fuel filter replacement.

YardPro
06-05-2005, 08:20 AM
mine did the same, but would run for about 30 min then die...

it was the fuel filter.

khutch
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Why does a bad filter allow it to run at all?

MORETORQUE
06-05-2005, 04:29 PM
The motor only has 250 HRS on it. When it dies it will start right back up for a few seconds if you feather the choke and die again. At the same time the fuel filter seams to have gas and the pump was pumping? THANKS GUYS

Restrorob
06-05-2005, 05:00 PM
The motor only has 250 HRS on it. When it dies it will start right back up for a few seconds if you feather the choke and die again. At the same time the fuel filter seams to have gas and the pump was pumping? THANKS GUYS

Again water or trash in the carb. !

MORETORQUE
06-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Thankyou, I will check it out tommarrow morning.

pAn3
08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Kawi 19hp on Exmark Z-HP

117 hrs on unit

Quits intermittently, feather choke, barely runs to garage. (not spark issue)

Cleaned bowl, found a hair in it, thought that was problem, but it wasnt, removed fuel safey plunger (fuel at all times regardless of signal to solenoid), replaced plunger as solenoid/signal is not the problem.

Removed Fuel line to carb, fuel flows freely all over ground. Fuel caps flow air freely.

Air cleaner is spotless

This is driving me insane, this is a very simple system, on a very new mower and I cant figure it out.

Air, Fuel, Spark, what else does it need?

Lynden-Jeff
08-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I remember when I first got my bobcat and I ran out of fuel it would do this when I switch to the second tank (not sure if lazer z's had this). I figured out the fuel valve got bumped and it wasn't open all the way. Just a possibility.

Cheers
Jeff

MowerMedic77
08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
pAn3 Welcome to Lawnsite

You said you cleaned the bowl but did you clean up through the main jet, If you can feather the choke and keep it running then you still have a fuel issue may just be harder to get to since up in the carb.

P.S. Air, Fuel, Fire, and Compression no compression=no run also but don't think that applies to your unit being so new.

Restrorob
08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Kawi 19hp

Read the third thread down in this forum then post some numbers, That would be helpful.

BTW, http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif To LawnSite.