PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else heard this

joeg2246
06-05-2005, 07:58 AM
I had an EXMARK Dealer tell me a couple of days ago that LESCO was getting out of the commercial lawn equipment business. Has anyone heard anything that would support his story?

geogunn
06-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I have talked to neither dealers recently. but I dunno if I'd trust the exmark dealer on this one.

LESCO just opened a second store here where the exmark dealer is bigtime.

GEO

SodKing
06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I seriously doubt it...Lakeshore Equipment Supply COmpany...LESCO

Mo Green
06-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I was in LESCO a couple of days ago and they mentioned nothing of this. As a matter of fact, they were telling me that they were having a hard time keeping mowers in stock.

Sounds like your eXmark dealer is trying to sway your opinion.

txlawnking
06-05-2005, 12:26 PM
That is BS.. As fast as Lesco sells mowers here, they'd shoot themselves in the foot bigtime to cut out that end of the biz..

joeg2246
06-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I think you guys are probably right. I guess it was a mistake showing them the brochure that Bob West sent me on thier mowers. I have been battling the idea of a riding ZTR and if I went that way it would be the Z2, but, I am leaning towards the 54" WB floating deck hydro unit that LESCO makes. It is am awesome looking mower and I still enjoy walking some but going to 54" cut from 36" cut I am sure it will increase my productivity and for only $3999 that is GREAT!!!!

LightningLawns
06-05-2005, 04:13 PM
He might be right joe, If you look around you won't see many lesco mowers. Too many other dealers around here with better equipment.

joeg2246
06-05-2005, 11:15 PM
He might be right joe, If you look around you won't see many lesco mowers. Too many other dealers around here with better equipment.

I have had a LESCO in the past and it served me fine. That 54" Hydro had a floating deck with hand controls similar to a Zero turn mower. It is sharp and again is $2700 cheaper than a 52" EXMARK with comparable equipment. It also has a 19 Kawi with electric start. If it cuts the grass at 4", 3.5" and 3" I will be ok with it.

grass-scapes
06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Its all made by other manufacturers anyway. If they did get out of the equipment business, you can still get the same machine somewhere else. Try your local Cub Cadet dealer for one.

There are a lot of Major brands made by other manufacturers.
Take Craftsman mowers for example. There mowers have been made by Electrolux for a long long time. What else does electrolux make? Husqvarna. Put a craftsman lawn tractor next to a Husqvarna lawn tractor. Just a different paint scheme.

Envy Lawn Service
06-06-2005, 07:45 PM
I'd say that's a load of bull.
I say that's because Lesco has an agreement with the MFG that allows them to offer equipment that is just as good as most anything else out there... but at thousands less.

This is because there is no middle man getting fat off the deal and Lesco isn't so greedy on there mark up either.

Don't get me wrong. I like to see everyone making good money and I'm glad for them. But I think the MAJOR MFG's need to take a strong look and take some good notes. That's because there is nothing at all wrong with what Lesco is doing. (I bet it ticks off the Cub Commercial dealers though)

Bottom line is, these folks need to stop crying and start doing something proactive to protect themselves for what is coming in the future. They will have built a hedge around themselves to protect them from the coming influx of cheaper imported equipment.

Right now there sitting out there like fat juicy fruit, ripe for the picking.
The old ways and avantages of multi-step distribution will soon be detramental to some fine equipment MFG's I'm afraid.

dvmcmrhp52
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
We just talked to a lesco dealer concerning the purchase of mowers for a little league................

I'd say the exmark dealer is blowing smoke.........but, who knows in todays business culture.............