PDA

View Full Version : compact riders?

nobagger
06-05-2005, 11:42 AM
just wondering if anyone has had any problems with a compact rider. I'm getting rid of my 48" w/b and really want a compact rider, I was looking at a Exmark and I cant remember the name of it I think it was a Lazer HP? but at any rate it comes with a 23hp Kawi, Canister type air filltration system and a few other options that are standard. I would be looking at a 48" deck size just for manuverability purposes. I have a few accounts and they are just a little too big for a w/b even when using a Velkie. Plus the standing is starting to take its toll on my knees. But I'm not sold on any one brand as of yet. :waving:

MTR
06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
just wondering if anyone has had any problems with a compact rider. I'm getting rid of my 48" w/b and really want a compact rider, I was looking at a Exmark and I cant remember the name of it I think it was a Lazer HP? but at any rate it comes with a 23hp Kawi, Canister type air filltration system and a few other options that are standard. I would be looking at a 48" deck size just for manuverability purposes. I have a few accounts and they are just a little too big for a w/b even when using a Velkie. Plus the standing is starting to take its toll on my knees. But I'm not sold on any one brand as of yet. :waving:

52" Super Mini Z with 24 honda or 25 kawi, that is gonna be my ride sometime in December or January. 10 mph, time to blow away...

hortboy
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Bought a Wright Sentar 48' and love it. Talk about compact, I can load it on my trailer and spin it sideways for more room. I know for a fact it handles better than my ex-mark lazer. Quality of cut is great as well. Look into them you won't be disappionted

Runner
06-05-2005, 02:23 PM
These little compact riders (if it's a reputable brand) cut grass like there is no tomorrow. Excellent cut quality and versatility are just a few of their asseta. One thing to consider, though. I don't know about others, how they are set up, but it was mentioned that on the 48" Lazers, you lose the deck edge that protrudes out, and it makes your left side trimming a bit more difficult. On some others, it may be different. On the Lazer, the deck doesn't come out past the wheels, so this is where this comes into play.

FLYonWALL9
06-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I have the Ferris 44" and love it. The thing cuts great, pulls very strong, gets great fuel econ, and cuts great on hills. I cant say goodnuff things about it and is a pretty fair price, check em out. Ferris 1500 44"

nobagger
06-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Bought a Wright Sentar 48' and love it. Talk about compact, I can load it on my trailer and spin it sideways for more room. I know for a fact it handles better than my ex-mark lazer. Quality of cut is great as well. Look into them you won't be disappionted
Yeah, I've seen them on a few trailers around here but there is no dealer and to be honest with you, when I go into oue Exmark dealer I've seen them in there quite a bit. I dont know if they are older units or just operator error, so to speak. But they look very compact and maneuverable. But the only thing is the standing part, when we are mowing for an extended period of time (over 20 minutes) my knees start cramping and just hurting for about an hour after that. (old hockey injury) how do the stander ride? Do they have more "cushion" then a Velkie?

South Florida Lawns
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Has 24 hrs so far and not a problem at all love the machine. I don't no of many problems you could have by going that way, other than using more gas. I paid $7400 out the door with a mulch kit and the Z-stand 19hp Kawi. The EX Mark was 200 dollars cheaper in my area, I looked at them as well.

MercyMe
06-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Just bought a Great Dane 48" rider with 19 HP Kaw and it's awesome. It cuts better than anything else I have used and that includes ExMark. What a major freakin time saver!

Dane has a new "double the rebate" and zero percent for 24 months finance program right now as well. I only paid $5699 plus tax.

65hoss
06-05-2005, 06:30 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21096

52" Lazer HP. Love them.