PDA

View Full Version : Edging a lawn perfectly.

Ranger56
06-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Iíll keep my question straight and simple.

How would I go about edging a lawn that hasnít been edged in a couple of months? Any tips or tricks would be great.
--Thanks

ProCare Lawn Service
06-05-2005, 07:32 PM
With a stick edger and new blade. Probably have to make a few passes. Clean edged off grass. Not much else I know to tell you.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Gonna take a few passes with a walk behind or stick edger and maybe a couple of weeks or it to look really good and sharp

Mike's Yard Services
06-05-2005, 09:28 PM
In my opinion.........especially since I don't use a stick edger, my 3 wheel McLane does an awesome job.....especially on real heavy stuff.......wheelbarrow nearby for rolling up those nasty sod snakes and sweep or blow.........voila...........really shows the edge and the yard is like a new place, most owners don't even know the edge of the sidewalks and drive even exist until you show them. Be sure to set up once a month or at most every 8 weeks to maintain that sharp look.

Billz
06-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I use a helper to walk behind me with the blower blowing the area I am edging...it really works great, the blower picks the snakes right off the sidewalk as I make them, and very seldom do I need to go back and get a spot again. Then I just make 1 pass on each side of the sidewalk with the bagger on, really saved us a ton of hours this year...average time to edge...15 minutes for 2 of us. I had one last year that took me 2 hours to edge and clean up...and I did it for free...no more.

txlawnking
06-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Take one very powerful edger ( walk behinds have the clear advantage here ), add a flat shovel, and a powerful blower. Combine ingredients in that order, and if it was overgrown enough to become sod ( usually happens when it gets more than 6" overgrown here ) You may even want to finish off with a desert of Garden hose to clean the dirt stains from the concrete.. :D

BTW, the star blades are a real help on a job like this.