PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new sulky

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
i bought a new two wheel sulky for my 52 inch belt drive lesco lawn mower made perfect cuts before but now with sulky is looking a bit sloppy because it is harder for my mower to go up hills without wheels slipping and also turning is harder now to any advice of what to do

packerbacker
06-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Honestly? Buy a Hydro mower. Belts really werent made for sulkys.

jimslawns
06-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Add about 20lbs in the front of the mower. I have weighted my 48"TTHP to help with climbing ability.

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
06-05-2005, 10:01 PM
good call what did you use to add the weight on to it

Runner
06-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Go to the auto store and buy yourself a little can of belt dressing. Just a short squirt on eachj side of the drive belts, and HOLD ON. the mower will literally want to "jump" when you let out the handles. No slippage...this will improve your productivity considerably, as well.

Big Hoss
06-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I have an 80 lb weight on the front of my Hustler SWB and don't have this problem. Does your manufacturer make an accessory weight for your machine as I would give them a call before I jake legged something.
Big Hoss

MOOSE
06-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Why does everyone think they can put a sulky on a belt drive. DO NOT DO THIS!! I had one on a belt drive and 3months later had to put a new trans on it. And I didnt even run the machine. A 100lb kid did. The belt drives are not meant for pulling people around.

Buy a hydro drive mower for the sulky. You wont regret it. And there built so you can use a sulky.