PDA

View Full Version : looking for some ideas on maintenance contracts

n2h20
06-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Hello, I dont run a lawn biz but a pond and water garden biz. I maintain 40 monthly customers ponds and currently have no contract for them to sign.
I would feel better if i had one.
What are some things you would want/have to say?

thanks in advance

Coffeecraver
06-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Make a list of available services

Take a peice of paper and write down a list of things that you can provide
Put a price on each service.

Make this list available to the client, Go over each item on the list ,let them select the services they want and then charge accordingly.

keep the price list to yourself.
If you keep the price list to yourself then you can adjust for different circumstances

:)

Premo Services
06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
2005 Grounds Maintenance Proposal/Agreement

Client Name:
Work To Be Performed At:
Lawn Maintenance: XYX Lawn Co will maintain the lawn on an as needed basis during the season (April 1st to November 30th). The cost for this service will be: $ per cut. (33 mowings).
Price: $ Initials: x________

Landscape Maintenance: will prune and/or shear all hedges, shrubs, vines, and remove weeds. I have allowed 4 (four) hours a month, April, May, June, July, September, and October for this service in the price. Extra time will be billed separately at $ per man hour.
Price: $ Initials: x________
Core Aeration and over seeding of lawn areas. To be done in fall (Sept.)

Price: $ Initials: ________
Mulching of Landscape Areas: Deliver and install 9 yards of mulch in landscape areas in, front of house, side, and around pool areas, also around trees in front where mulch is now. Mulch will be installed to 1 ½ inches of depth in areas that are mulched. I will also fertilize the plants in all landscape areas before mulching.
Price: $ Initials: x__________

The spring and fall cleanups will consist of leaf removal from lawn and bed areas, removal of dead flowers and grasses in landscape, and if needed, trimming of bushes.
Spring Cleanup: Clean up leaves, sweet gumballs, etc in front, and back areas. To be done in March, and billed when completed.
Fall Cleanup: Final cleanup to be done in December.

Price: $ Initials: _________

Fertilizer applications(4 per year)
Spring pre-emergent and fertilizer application March or April
Early summer application June
Fertilizer application September
Winter fertilizer application November
Spot applications will be made during season to control growing weeds.
I will also include a fall landscape fertilizer application with this.

Price $(4 applications) Initials: ________

Total Seasonal Price for the Services Outlined Above: $
Ten (10) equal installments of: $ Per Month

Billing: Client will receive ten monthly invoices. Invoices will be billed to the client on the 1st of each month, beginning March 1st and ending on the December 1st billing.

Payment Terms: Net 14 days. The client agrees to pay the monthly bill in full, by the fifteenth day of each billed month. A $10.00 late fee will be applied to the next billed invoice if payment is not received. An invoice 15 days past due will be considered delinquent and services may cease until payment is received. Client will be responsible for all fees related to the collection of monies owed Premo Services.
Terms: All material is guaranteed to be as specified. All work is to be completed in a workmanlike manner according to standard practice. Additional services (not outlined in this agreement) will be considered an extra and billed separately.

Cancellation: Either party may terminate this agreement at any time with a 15 day advance written notice. Cancellation date will be 15 days after such notice is received. In the event of cancellation, the client will be responsible for all costs of services rendered up to the cancellation date. A final invoice will be sent to the client 15 days after notification for balance due.

We propose to furnish the appropriate insurance, material and labor- complete in accordance with the above specifications.
____________________________ XYX Lawn Co.

Acceptance: The above prices, specifications and conditions are satisfactory and are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work. Payments will be made as outlined above.
Sign here x ___________________________________

Here is a sample and you would just put in your services there and the prices.
I try to add other services to my agreements, and this is an excellent way to upsell other work.

grassyfras
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Premo That Is Some Beutiful Stuff :)

AdamCByrd
06-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Premo,

You sound like you have a lot of experience with this. I have similar contracts, but we only do bi-annual fertilization, and we do not include aeration or over seeding. We add the number of mows in per year and devide the total maintenance cost by 12 to get the monthly fee. I take it you only service upper end residential and commercial customers?

What do you recommend for pre-emergent weed control around shrubbery (not including annual flowers) and when would you apply it?

Adam

Premo Services
06-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Premo,

You sound like you have a lot of experience with this. I have similar contracts, but we only do bi-annual fertilization, and we do not include aeration or over seeding. We add the number of mows in per year and devide the total maintenance cost by 12 to get the monthly fee. I take it you only service upper end residential and commercial customers?

What do you recommend for pre-emergent weed control around shrubbery (not including annual flowers) and when would you apply it?

Adam
I do have a lot of upper end residential customers, but last season we did real good hitting the hitting the neighborhoods where both of the spouses are working, (100,000-250.000 homes) for one time jobs like aerations, mulch, edging around beds, etc.
I have been using the agreement for about 4-5 years now and it is working good. By addind other services I do, I am upselling a lot of the services I do without a lot of tome spent talking to new or current customers.

I have only been doing pre emergent in the landscape beds for a part of last season and this year and am still learning all I can about it. I have used snapshot with decent results but you can not use this around annuals. The key is knowing your weeds and if they are annual, perrinnieal, when they emerge( spring, fall) etc. and the timing of appling pre emergent is important.

n2h20
06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
thanks for the replies. that is a well laid out contract, I will use that to make my own,, thanks again,

arosewag
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
That's a nice layout, yearly contracts are the way to go.

GreenUtah
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
I would like to add one thing, you'll see that premo called it a proposal agreement and not a contract. When it is signed, it effectively becomes one. When you make your own, stay away from referring to it as a contract. Use terms like service agreement, work/job order and the like. Detail the service and the charge along with the duration in simple terms and you'll be far more likely to get the signature.

Chivas Regal
09-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Make a list of available services

Take a peice of paper and write down a list of things that you can provide
Put a price on each service.

Make this list available to the client, Go over each item on the list ,let them select the services they want and then charge accordingly.

keep the price list to yourself.
If you keep the price list to yourself then you can adjust for different circumstances

:)

Good advice from coffee craver. I would add that you should keep in mind when these services occur, quarterly, monthly, etc., and factor that into how you present the maintanence agreement.