PDA

View Full Version : if you found a way

bobbygedd
06-06-2005, 07:10 AM
ok, i've heard here that the target for most of you, cutting grass, is $60, per man, per hour. frankly, i don't believe most of you are meeting that goal, or even close, UNLESS, you are doing big factories, or large acerage where u stop and spend alot of time, rather than moving around. doing medium residentials, like we do, it's almost imposible to generate that kind of dough. i don't care how fast, how efficient, what you're using, it just won't happen. that is, if you are doing lawn service, in the conventional fashion. BUT, as most of you are aware, i've devised a system that now produces almost twice as many lawns cut per day, in the same amount of time as before. so, for the sake of discussion, let's use the $60 per man hour target. let's just say, you are currently meeting that goal, and your 2 man crew is grossing $960 per day . that's: 2 men x $120 per hr x 8 hrs. =$960. ok, now, if you found a way, that your same two man crew, could generate $220 per hour, would you: #1- work shorter days, make your $960 in 4.3 hrs, and enjoy the off time. #2- establish another 2 man crew, run both of the crews 8 hrs each per day, and make alot of money while generating $440 an hour. #3- lower your prices, pass some of the savings back to the customer. #4- advertise heavily, get more work, eliminate your competition by lowering your prices, while at the same time increasing your profits, ALOT, and eventually own the market in your area. what would the common lawnboy do, with a system that showed him how to almost double his daily gross, while working easier? i thought of it, and it made me think of the movie, "brucealmighty", where god gave bruce the power, and bruce couldn't handle it, he wreaked havoc, and eventually it needed to be taken away. what would you do?

packerbacker
06-06-2005, 07:26 AM
You played this game a couple weeks ago with everyone here. Dont you have anything new? Talk about old and predictable...

I really hope nobody responds to this.

bobbygedd
06-06-2005, 07:30 AM
You played this game a couple weeks ago with everyone here. Dont you have anything new? Talk about old and predictable...
just answer it. what would you do?

packerbacker
06-06-2005, 07:32 AM
See above.......

bobbygedd
06-06-2005, 07:36 AM
see that, it's just too much for your little tiny mind to handle. you can't possibly fathom the thought of doubling your income, unless it involves working twice as hard. this is what separates guys like you, from guys like me. i don't believe i did post on this subject in the past, not where i asked for opinions anyhow. i'm really curious to see what people would do.

packerbacker
06-06-2005, 07:41 AM
see that, it's just too much for your little tiny mind to handle. you can't possibly fathom the thought of doubling your income, unless it involves working twice as hard. this is what separates guys like you, from guys like me. i don't believe i did post on this subject in the past, not where i asked for opinions anyhow. i'm really curious to see what people would do.

See ya gedd, some of us have to go to work today.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=1036517#post1036517

bobbygedd
06-06-2005, 07:45 AM
See ya gedd, some of us have to go to work today.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=1036517#post1036517
actually fool, that was not a thread asking the same question. another feeble attempt by packer to discredit me. i too, have alot to do today. i need to make $800, i should be home by 1 the latest. drive safe, and have a nice day. btw, you responded 3 times, to my thread, where u asked no one to respond. :dizzy: :dizzy: :cry: :cry: good grief!

Mark McC
06-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Bobby, my impression has always been that the $60/man-hour figure pertains only to time at the job and does not account for windshield time. If windshield time consumes a third of a day, you're down to $40/man-hour right away, assuming you're getting a buck a minute per worker on the job.

I'm doing a buck a minute on some of my jobs, not so on others. I do better than that for fertilization, so that helps, but I don't have all that many clients for fert. That's something to work on.

Obviously I'd be interested in a way to increase revenues without adding work. So, tell me...what's the secret?

packerbacker
06-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Let the madness begin

http://www.profish3.com/lures/LN-hardlure/Lnb45-01.jpg

kilpatrickshrub&turf
06-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Matters not if its a forum dedicated to lawn maintenance, basket weaving, making cookies or staring at the sun: every forum has the immature firestarter in one form or another.

Weak, shallow, illogical, and baseless arguments made just for the sake of doing so are no more than their amusement. Sooner or later all the regular posters learn to shy away from threads of these people leaving those who have yet to figure it out to bicker back and forth with them. These children are no different than the kids in grade school that would sit back and get things started between other people for no good reason. Just another way
low self-confidence will manifest itself. No more no less.

packerbacker
06-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Matters not if its a forum dedicated to lawn maintenance, basket weaving, making cookies or staring at the sun: every forum has the immature firestarter in one form or another.

Weak, shallow, illogical, and baseless arguments made just for the sake of doing so are no more than their amusement. Sooner or later all the regular posters learn to shy away from threads of these people leaving those who have yet to figure it out to bicker back and forth with them. These children are no different than the kids in grade school that would sit back and get things started between other people for no good reason. Just another way

I think you just stumped 75% of the posters here!

gwwilson
06-06-2005, 08:37 AM
agree / packerbacker, kilpatrickshrub&turf
you guys are Correct

1MajorTom
06-06-2005, 08:39 AM
agree / packerbacker, kilpatrickshrub&turf
you guys are Correct

Listen "wally world", why are you using another screen name?

pagefault
06-06-2005, 08:55 AM

My old boss was fond of using dorky phrases to describe all the different hellish aspects of our corporate existence. His term for the above scenario was Let's you and him fight. It may take a minute to register, because of the southern dialect.

I will answer Bobby's question, though, because it is interesting, whether there is a real process improvement there or not.

I would hire more crews and make more money. That's my plan now, so there's no reason it would change if I was more efficient. Lowering prices is a bad idea. You could easily get to the point where you had lowered them beyond the savings you had made from process improvements and still not be lower than the lowballers. Sure, they'll go out of business and then there will be more behind them. Besides, I'm not interested in being the low price guy.

Tn Lawn Man
06-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Ol Gedd has had a few good posts in the past that would make you think

But, unfortunately he has too many of "these" type of posts where he poses a question as if he has already found the solution.

But, he hasn't

So you waste your time responding in hopes of seeing how he thinks one can make $960 a day off of a two man crew.

But, in fact he has no clue and will just badger people to "Answer the question"

Remsen1
06-06-2005, 11:28 AM
ok, i've heard here that the target for most of you, cutting grass, is $60, per man, per hour. frankly, i don't believe most of you are meeting that goal, or even close, UNLESS, you are doing big factories, or large acerage where u stop and spend alot of time, rather than moving around. doing medium residentials, like we do, it's almost imposible to generate that kind of dough. i don't care how fast, how efficient, what you're using, it just won't happen. that is, if you are doing lawn service, in the conventional fashion. BUT, as most of you are aware, i've devised a system that now produces almost twice as many lawns cut per day, in the same amount of time as before. so, for the sake of discussion, let's use the $60 per man hour target. let's just say, you are currently meeting that goal, and your 2 man crew is grossing $960 per day . that's: 2 men x $120 per hr x 8 hrs. =$960. ok, now, if you found a way, that your same two man crew, could generate $220 per hour, would you: #1- work shorter days, make your $960 in 4.3 hrs, and enjoy the off time. #2- establish another 2 man crew, run both of the crews 8 hrs each per day, and make alot of money while generating $440 an hour. #3- lower your prices, pass some of the savings back to the customer. #4- advertise heavily, get more work, eliminate your competition by lowering your prices, while at the same time increasing your profits, ALOT, and eventually own the market in your area. what would the common lawnboy do, with a system that showed him how to almost double his daily gross, while working easier? i thought of it, and it made me think of the movie, "brucealmighty", where god gave bruce the power, and bruce couldn't handle it, he wreaked havoc, and eventually it needed to be taken away. what would you do?

I'd do #1. Less headaches, more free time, enough money for me. If I did any of the other options I'd hire a business manager and I would continue to work in the field cause I actually like the work side of the business better than the business side.

Markf
06-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Pagefault,
I agree with you but the questions begs the next question, "At what point to you determine that you should hire the extra help?" I mean at what point is the break even point?
Mark

bobbygedd
06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
you guys are amazing, bash me if you must, but i think the topic is a good one. let's hear more, what would you do?

rodfather
06-06-2005, 04:35 PM
A no-brainer, #2. BTW, I use 3 man crews so I will make even more. Period

grassyfras
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I think I would do other stuff untill I hit 25 than start up more crews and watch the money.

Pro-Scapes
06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
1 and 2... I would work shorter days and then take care of the business end in the hot afternoons and keep the crews out. I learned something fast about lowering prices. I never have lowered mine. I just got a faster mower which made me more efficient. Just because I can do a 45 min lawn in 30 min now why should I make less when I invested 6 grand in that equipment.

Sending the crews out would also give me more time to set up targeted advertising and run bids.

promower
06-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I would keep adding crews until I have built a lawn care empire. With the money these crews generated I could easily pay a few managers to keep the business running smooth, then I would have the free time and more money. Best of both worlds.

pagefault
06-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Pagefault,
I agree with you but the questions begs the next question, "At what point to you determine that you should hire the extra help?" I mean at what point is the break even point?
Mark

I'd like to keep Thursday for marketing and Friday for catch-up work. So, to over-simplify, when I'm booked solid for four days, with a little overflow into a fifth, I'll hire someone to help for a couple days a week and pump out a bunch of marketing. When the two of us are nearly fully booked, I'll do it again.

I think this is a great topic, whether or not there is a solution, because it is interesting to see how people see their businesses. Would you rather work less for the same money, work more for a lot more money, work the same amount for about the same amount of money with greater market share, etc.

dvmcmrhp52
06-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I enjoy sitting at home, counting cash, while sucking suds poolside.
Who the hell wants to work for a living?

Precision
06-06-2005, 08:52 PM

Certainly not #3 Lower prices Duh yeah that helps

#4 is a close cousin to racketeering and the like so not a good plan.

#1 Just not lazy enough for that and too many cool toys to buy.

txlawnking
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I'll take a #2 please, and can I have a manager with that..

steve in Pa.
06-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Is anyone else getting tired of reading Gedds superficial posts in his little world of make believe. I am starting to think that he is what we call a scam scaper. Well at least bobby can talk a good game!!!! :drinkup: :drinkup:

pagefault
06-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I think this is a great topic...

Of course, I fully expect us all to be ridiculed for choosing the wrong answer...

Mo Green
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey Gedd......where you been??

So.....tell us about this new system you have devised. You talked about it a couple of months ago, and then you disapeared.

Is this more of the old bobbygedd bait and switch?

crawdad
06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Bobby, your new system will bite you in the arse. It is not new. Every year, some genius thinks he is the first one to have this new brilliant idea.

Mo Green
06-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Bobby, your new system will bite you in the arse. It is not new. Every year, some genius thinks he is the first one to have this new brilliant idea.
So what is this new brilliant idea that he has dreamed up???

olderthandirt
06-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I enjoy sitting at home, counting cash, while sucking suds poolside.
Who the hell wants to work for a living?
Can't give a better answer, can't spend a penny when you fall over dead so enjoy it while your alive

pagefault
06-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Can't give a better answer, can't spend a penny when you fall over dead so enjoy it while your alive

I agree with this, although I'd like to make and spend more now.

A little off topic, but you guys might want to look at the book "Die Broke". That's what it talks about. Things like, would you rather give your kids $50k now, when they are trying to buy their first house or when you die, can't watch them enjoy it and they are 50+ years old and don't really need the money anyway?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0887309429/qid=1118108832/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-1618927-8791063?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Lux Lawn
06-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I would go with #2 as well and have a separate crew for all of the extra jobs that will come up with all of the new accounts.

crawdad
06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
So what is this new brilliant idea that he has dreamed up???
I can't tell you, or you'll think you can do it. I know what it is, but I won't do it.
It's just not professional.
Crawdad

Doc Pete
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Is anyone else getting tired of reading Gedds superficial posts in his little world of make believe. I am starting to think that he is what we call a scam scaper. Well at least bobby can talk a good game!!!! :drinkup: :drinkup:

Steve,
I've been tired for a long time.........Must be the water in New Brunswick, NJ. Makes you crazy :p
Hmmmmmmmmm, reruns of "Gunsmoke" are looking better and better.. :D :D

1MajorTom
06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Yep, a hearse never has a luggage rack, can't take it with you.

JimLewis
06-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Bobby,

I'd do number two, if I were able to make $60 per man hour mowing.

But like you suggest, we don't make $60 per man hour for maintenance work. We make decent money. But only because we do a lot of volume. We don't make close to $60 a per man per hour though. And I think the majority of people who claim to be making that much here on Lawnsite are lying. Some are telling the truth. But like you, I suspect most are lying, exaggerating, or not taking certain things into account correctly.

jeffex
06-07-2005, 06:09 AM
IF_------------ you really had such a system and gave it up for FREE I would be teaching it in seminars like Anthony Robins for a FEE while my newly hired and trained crews cut lawns. I would show up on site in work clothes with some of my paying students and show them hands on what they had paid $$ for. After all seeing is believing. I would then go home and cut my own ESTATE lawn with my gold plated lazer then jump in the pool. Not a bad days work. Oh yeah " IF " is the biggest word in the English language

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 06:19 AM
I can't tell you, or you'll think you can do it. I know what it is, but I won't do it.
It's just not professional.
Crawdad
you can't possibly know what it is, unless, one of two people blabbed. anyhow, what's not professional about it? i been doing it for over a month now, with great sucess, and no complaints

Doc Pete
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Yep, a hearse never has a luggage rack, can't take it with you.

Yeah, but if you leave it for a deserving daughter/son, it would sure be a nice feeling to hear that "thank you", on the other side of the pearly gates.
Pete

BRIMOW525
06-07-2005, 07:14 AM
So whats the magic formula Bob?

Mo Green
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I think he's full of it.

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about this mowing a yard today. The only possible way I came up with to make more and not do any extra work at all is to raise prices.

Mo Green
06-07-2005, 04:18 PM
He said it has something to do with the number of times an LCO walks one property.......once to cut, once to edge/trim, once to blow. He said the key to his idea was within these things....... I dunno.

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 04:36 PM
He said it has something to do with the number of times an LCO walks one property.......once to cut, once to edge/trim, once to blow. He said the key to his idea was within these things....... I dunno.

I tell you what it is. Its the end of the world as we know it when people are sitting around wondering what the village idiot is thinking!

therainman
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, I did not take the time to read every post because I am certian there was a lot of bashing here, but there is a deeper meaning to all of this. The simple fact is, with out some forward thinking outside the box things will never change.
How about this ..... "Good is the enemy of GREAT." If you are happy being just good, you will never achieve greatness. That means sometimes you will pose questions that some will find rediculous or even meaningless. With out those questions though you will never achieve the answer to the question. The question at hand? How to improve my profits with out a great deal of extra over-head or labor.
The fashion in which it was posed may not have been effective to all, but we are all talking about it still aren't we.

Shawn

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, I did not take the time to read every post because I am certian there was a lot of bashing here, but there is a deeper meaning to all of this. The simple fact is, with out some forward thinking outside the box things will never change.
How about this ..... "Good is the enemy of GREAT." If you are happy being just good, you will never achieve greatness. That means sometimes you will pose questions that some will find rediculous or even meaningless. With out those questions though you will never achieve the answer to the question. The question at hand? How to improve my profits with out a great deal of extra over-head or labor.
The fashion in which it was posed may not have been effective to all, but we are all talking about it still aren't we.

Shawn

Thats just because he asks the question once a week and then wont give his thoughts on how to do it.

pagefault
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM

He said it was under a giant "W" and then he kicked the bucket.

therainman
06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Thats just because he asks the question once a week and then wont give his thoughts on how to do it.
I must admit, since selling my biz more than a year ago I don't read here as much. I have not seen the other post like this that you say Bobby has made, but in the past he has had some good input to many subjects.

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I must admit, since selling my biz more than a year ago I don't read here as much. I have not seen the other post like this that you say Bobby has made, but in the past he has had some good input to many subjects.

I think your screenname says it all :waving:

therainman
06-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I think your screenname says it all :waving:
That name was intended to reflect irrigation "rain" not rainman the movie, after seeing it a couple of times it dawned on me.

Shawn

PROCUT1
06-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Could it have something to do with tieing your customers into a contract on a flat rate and then applying a growth ******ant to slow down the grass so you dont have to mow as often.

One guy with a spreader will make more money than a crew with lawnmowers..

Pro-Scapes
06-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Could it have something to do with tieing your customers into a contract on a flat rate and then applying a growth ******ant to slow down the grass so you dont have to mow as often.

One guy with a spreader will make more money than a crew with lawnmowers..

might be but I dont know. I been trying to think about it and all I came up with is hire CHEAP labor and make them do the walking while I ride. Growth ******ant sounds good tho lol. To bad my customers wouldnt go for it. They like to see it grow.

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I was thinking about this mowing a yard today. The only possible way I came up with to make more and not do any extra work at all is to raise prices.
packer, no insult intended, but.....that is what makes up towns, cities, villiages, countries....the fact that we do not all think alike. the majority will always think like you "in the box", and reason with the only way to make more money is to do more work. i refuse to think like that. to me, that means you HAVE FAILED. since you are convinced that there is no such procedure, then answer it strictly on a hypothetical basis. answer the original question. some guys would opt to make more money, others value free time. my plan....to go balls out with this for the next 6 years, make an obscene fortune, then retire at 46 while i'm still young, and cute, and the chics still dig me

joshlawn
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
I tell you what it is. Its the end of the world as we know it when people are sitting around wondering what the village idiot is thinking!

__:laugh:__ROFLMAO__:D__

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
__:laugh:__ROFLMAO__:D__
yrs in business=1. HA HA HA HA. P.S. echo "weedeaters" suck. ppss- anyone who calls it a "weedeater" belongs at the back of the bus, with packie and yardpro. it's a WEEDWACKER

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
packer, no insult intended, but.....that is what makes up towns, cities, villiages, countries....the fact that we do not all think alike. the majority will always think like you "in the box", and reason with the only way to make more money is to do more work. i refuse to think like that. to me, that means you HAVE FAILED. since you are convinced that there is no such procedure, then answer it strictly on a hypothetical basis. answer the original question. some guys would opt to make more money, others value free time. my plan....to go balls out with this for the next 6 years, make an obscene fortune, then retire at 46 while i'm still young, and cute, and the chics still dig me

Im not convinced of anything yet but my ADD kicks in and I stop thinking about things 5 mins later. All I know is I make more then enough money to retire when Im 50 and spend the rest of my life at a cabin in Wisconsin fishing for Northern and drinking The Glenlevit.

dvmcmrhp52
06-07-2005, 07:10 PM
yrs in business=1. HA HA HA HA. P.S. echo "weedeaters" suck. ppss- anyone who calls it a "weedeater" belongs at the back of the bus, with packie and yardpro. it's a WEEDWACKER

No it's not, it's a LINE TRIMMER.
:waving:

joshlawn
06-07-2005, 07:13 PM

They're trimmers! Both weed "wacker" & "eater" are wrong. It's just functional slang in use.

P.S. If you can help the lawn community by allowing us that choice of more money or more free time, then by all means do so. Otherwise don't play games. We're here to learn and share, not to poke and tease others.

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:13 PM
ok, i'll buy linetrimmer. but "weedeater"?

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Answer The Original Question, And Then, I'll Consider It

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:16 PM

My answer is yes.

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:17 PM
My answer is yes.
unnacceptible answer

Pro-Scapes
06-07-2005, 07:21 PM
alot of us have answered. Time to share my man.

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
unnacceptible answer

My answer is no

tinman
06-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Let the madness begin

http://www.profish3.com/lures/LN-hardlure/Lnb45-01.jpg
LOFLMAO :) :) :)

tinman
06-07-2005, 07:35 PM
LOFLMAO AGAIN

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
LOFLMAO AGAIN

Stop reading my posts! The further you read you'll notice I didnt take my own advice and I started to answer him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedWingsDet
06-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I havent read any other posts execpt for the first one... but I'd pick #4. It seems the most logical thing to do.

actually alotta guys do that around here. I think Three C's has something like 16 crews, and theres a few other co's with atleast 8crews. The average lawn care and landscaping company has like 3, atleast thats my guess from what I can tell.

tinman
06-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Stop reading my posts! The further you read you'll notice I didnt take my own advice and I started to answer him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't , it's like a freaking train wreck. I can not look away. :)

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Can't , it's like a freaking train wreck. I can not look away. :)

Wrecked em? Damn near killed em!

crawdad
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
ok, i'll buy linetrimmer. but "weedeater"?

Some people call it a weedeater, I call it a string blade...

Triple R
06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Buy a cheap Redhawk mower, bungee a string trimmer on it in order to trim while mowing, carry a backpack blower while mowing and blow off walks on the way back to the truck. This way you only walk (ride if you had a sulky) the property once.

If BG is such a great bussinessman making sooo much money, then why did he buy a chinese fixed-deck w/b mower?

speedyvision917
06-07-2005, 09:48 PM
id go with number 1, now packerbacker just pick an option maybe he'll let us in on this great idea once the person arguing the most answers it, nothing against you at all im just curious to see if he really does have a good idea and also why not tell us this great idea? its not like everyone on here will use it and im sure anyone else would share it if they had thought of it, if in fact your idea is not bogus

Mo Green
06-08-2005, 01:52 PM
ROTFLMAO.....great reference. One of my all time favorite movies.

In reference to "weedeater"....that is brand name of line/string trimmer. It is what Home Depot and Lowe's sells.

pagefault
06-08-2005, 02:03 PM

I just wet my pants.

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
id go with number 1, now packerbacker just pick an option maybe he'll let us in on this great idea once the person arguing the most answers it, nothing against you at all im just curious to see if he really does have a good idea and also why not tell us this great idea? its not like everyone on here will use it and im sure anyone else would share it if they had thought of it, if in fact your idea is not bogus
speedy dig this: before, an average day for 2 men= 16-18 lawns, 16 man hrs. with my new procedure= 20-23 lawns.....11 man hours. i've shaved 5 man hrs, and increased production by about 4 lawns a day.

pagefault
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
speedy dig this: before, an average day for 2 men= 16-18 lawns, 16 man hrs. with my new procedure= 20-23 lawns.....11 man hours. i've shaved 5 man hrs, and increased production by about 4 lawns a day.

Still two guys?

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
still 2 guys. and those two guys..are less fatigued at the end of the day, yet they produced more work, in less hrs

pagefault
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Never mind. Had an idea, but I can't see how it would be saving that kind of time...

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:45 PM
don't be silly

pagefault
06-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I'll throw it out there anyway, just to see what you say.

If you mow everything weekly, but trim and edge every other week, then on any given day, you are only trimming and edging half of the properties. I can see this bumping you to about 22 properties a day, but it still seems to come out to 8 hours, especially since the trimming and edging takes a little (not much) longer on and EOW property than it does on a weekly property.

The Dude
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
What about eliminating trimming all together with a growth regulator? And if you are careful and don't really care about overall appearance you could eliminate blowing as well. Mow and go....

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
0-2. sorry kid, i'll tell you what, email me in 6 yrs when i retire, and i'll tell you step by step how it's done. then, you can post it, and these numbskulls will be mowing lawns for $10 each....because they want to be a good boy, and pass the savings on to the client. hey, as long as the customer is happy, that's all that matters, right?

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
What about eliminating trimming all together with a growth regulator? And if you are careful and don't really care about overall appearance you could eliminate blowing as well. Mow and go....
everything is done, every week, just like it's supposed to be

Pro-Scapes
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Bobby some of us are willing to pay for your idea if its NOT bogus. We played your game and answered you. Time to clue us in.

arosewag
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd say #4 offers lots of potential for the future.

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Bobby some of us are willing to pay for your idea if its NOT bogus. We played your game and answered you. Time to clue us in.
$100. send a $100 bill to p.o. box 7482, east brunswick, new jersey, 08816. when i get at least 7 participents, and all $700 has arrived, i will mail back, in detail, to each payer, my idea. if at least 7 people DON'T respond, anyone who did, will recieve a full refund. is that fair? i have told 2 people so far. my good friend fga, and my sorta kinda depending on what day of the week it is, friend jodi. fga agreed it was a great idea, but would not work for him, cus his average property is too small, and too close together (1500 sq ft, 15 at a stop) , and jodi just disagrees with everything i say. you must at least give the procedure a try for 2 weeks, and i'm telling you, your profits will soar, and you will feel less fatigued at the end of the day, both mentally and physically.

mhunt
06-08-2005, 06:14 PM
i do believe i know what your "secret" is from all the little clues and from what others have said

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
i do believe i know what your "secret" is from all the little clues and from what others have said
do i have to give you $100 to hear it? pm me, let me know what your guess is

mhunt
06-08-2005, 06:23 PM
like you'll tell me if i'm right anyways.

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 06:31 PM
like you'll tell me if i'm right anyways.
i will, i promise

yrdandgardenhandyman
06-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Is this kind of like the deal where you send $100.00 to someone advertising a way to make $1,000,000.00 and they send you a letter telling you to get 10000 people to send you $100.00 each?

lampeslawnservice
06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
How about you pay me $100 to try it out and if it works then I will pay you $200 think of it as a stock option that you could invest in! lol
I'd go with #2 bobby, but please give me a clue

Precision
06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Alright so who is buying. I got $100. But I am not sending it to be the only sucker.

Pony up.

Now Bobby do we have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

jason1978
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I'd do none of the above. First I'd hire a crew to do all the work for me and run the business out of the living room of my house. I'd take this information and I'd package it as a product and sell it to the masses, since I'm sure there is a large market for a system such as this Bobby.

Pro-Scapes
06-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I just told bobby in a pm that if it works for me i would pay him 200. I cant see laying out 100 then it being bogus for my situation.

HK45Mark23
06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey, why can't I MP any one?

Pro-Scapes
06-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Hey, why can't I MP any one?
gotta have a certain number of posts i think... i think its 100 or so

HK45Mark23
06-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Thank You!

bobbygedd
06-09-2005, 06:07 AM
i have stated my terms, and they are non negotiable

pagefault
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
1. You said FGA told you that your idea would not work for him, because his properties were too small and close together. How large and/or far apart do you think they need to be to have a significant impact?

2. I'm mulching everything down here. Bagging seems to be very time consuming. Just wanted to make sure this doesn't have anything to do with bagging. I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't, but I wanted to make sure.

moremowing4me
06-10-2005, 09:31 AM

just so you know p.s. means post script, so p.p.s.s. would be post post script script. should only be one s. :waving:even at the back of the bus

bobbygedd
06-10-2005, 03:57 PM
1. You said FGA told you that your idea would not work for him, because his properties were too small and close together. How large and/or far apart do you think they need to be to have a significant impact?

2. I'm mulching everything down here. Bagging seems to be very time consuming. Just wanted to make sure this doesn't have anything to do with bagging. I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't, but I wanted to make sure.
bagging has nothing to do with it. the perfect scenerio for my plan, is exactly the route i have- anywhere from 1-6 properties per stop, 20 +lawns per day, all within about 5-7 sq miles. you need a minimum of 2 people to do this, and a maximum of 3. it will only save you big $$$, if you have employees on the payroll. one gentleman emailed me saying his brother in law helps him out. it wont save you money if you're not paying wages. it will not make you big $$$ if you don't have extras like trimming, landscaping, etc, but, you can still save alot= more profit, even if you only cut grass, but you need at least 2 people to do it effectively. you have the adress, i'd suggest you send the dough before the price goes up

speedyvision917
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Im stumped...really want to no but not willing to spend $100 on the idea since im exactly started yet in the business. :realmad:

bobbygedd
06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
you know what I THINK? i think you people have alot of freakin nerve, expecting me to GIVE AWAY my yrs of research, trial, and error, sweat, blood and guts, just because you don't want to spend $100 measly dollars on an idea that is ALREADY IN USE, by me, and pulling big profits. don't trust me? suit yourself, but i'm SUPPOSED TO TRUST YOU, not to tell the entire world, and screw it up? yea, ok, you had your chance, you must love sweating your azz off for chinamans wages

Remsen1
06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Bobby, I read your post about SMED. I'm wondering how much that post has to do with this post? If they are related I am now wondering if the procedures your advertising on this post would apply to new customers or renewal time only.

bobbygedd
06-10-2005, 04:47 PM
smed has nothing to do with it. "smed" still requires man hours. the thing about smed, was that you started "smedding" the next job, while the current one was being produced. in the printing trade, the machine runs without an operator actually doing anything, but monitoring it. so, you were able to "smed" the next job, while the current one was being produced. this is not the case in lawn mowing, somebody has to be on the machine...

Remsen1
06-10-2005, 05:06 PM
I know you said that it has nothing to do with SMED, but I still have to ask. This idea doesn't have anything to do with say, delivering all of your materials and tools for a landscaping job, seperately and in advance, of arriving with the laborers to do the work?

willretire@40
06-10-2005, 06:16 PM
spray chemicals so that the grass grows slow and charge your customer monthly but still keep the price the same as if you had mowed it all month this way you only have to cut one or two times a month but make money like you cut it four times. Do not tell them how much you charge per cut but rather per month then they dont know how many times you are suppose to come out all they know is that it always looks cut.

willretire@40
06-10-2005, 06:26 PM
oh somebody already said that sorry

mhunt
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
you know what I THINK? i think you people have alot of freakin nerve, expecting me to GIVE AWAY my yrs of research, trial, and error, sweat, blood and guts, just because you don't want to spend $100 measly dollars on an idea that is ALREADY IN USE, by me, and pulling big profits. don't trust me? suit yourself, but i'm SUPPOSED TO TRUST YOU, not to tell the entire world, and screw it up? yea, ok, you had your chance, you must love sweating your azz off for chinamans wages

like people don't know what reverse psychology is......i still bet some moron sends you a c-note. more power to you.

Doc Pete
06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
the perfect scenerio for my plan, is exactly the route i have- anywhere from 1-6 properties per stop, 20 +lawns per day, all within about 5-7 sq miles. you need a minimum of 2 people to do this, and a maximum of 3.

Bobby,
I know I've come in late on this thread. However, all my lawns are within 2 miles. I have 3 routes that have 5 to 8 accounts in a row. I have 20 lawns within 1,000 feet of my house. This has taken 20 years. Is this good enough to meet your standards.
Thanks,
Pete

bobbygedd
06-10-2005, 07:51 PM
yes petey, your route qualifies, but, as you previously stated, "i don't need to make money" , so, let's let some of the needy guys prosper

Doc Pete
06-10-2005, 07:55 PM
yes petey, your route qualifies, but, as you previously stated, "i don't need to make money" , so, let's let some of the needy guys prosper

Oh, Ok..... I guess :cool2:. Well as long as you're getting rid of that Chinese tanka toy, I'll let your comments slide :blush: :blush:

bobbygedd
06-10-2005, 08:01 PM
that chinese tonka toy is the root of all evil. talk about abusive to the body. i screwed my hands and wrists up BAD try ing to make it work. it does cut nice, and the 18 hp on the 48" deck is suitable, but i'll tell you this, when you use it all day, you feel like u been in a boxing match. purchased price w/catcher -$2350. for sale-2k or best offer

Doc Pete
06-10-2005, 08:14 PM
that chinese tonka toy is the root of all evil. talk about abusive to the body. i screwed my hands and wrists up BAD try ing to make it work. it does cut nice, and the 18 hp on the 48" deck is suitable, but i'll tell you this, when you use it all day, you feel like u been in a boxing match. purchased price w/catcher -$2350. for sale-2k or best offer

OK.. here's the deal......You come and try my custom Hustler. If you don't think it's the cat's meow, or in your case, "the best belch in a beer" :p, I'll allow you one free post to abuse me to your heart's content.........
I just finished up 14 lawns alone today, and I'm fresh as a daisy.... Errrr..... well not exactly "That" fresh..... :blush: :blush:

Fareway Lawncare
06-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Any Hydro is Going to Be Easier than that Chinese Belt Drive Pistol Grip Monstrosity...If You're a Limp Wrister, a Pansy, have Carpet Tunnel Syndrome or are a Girl, the H-Bar or T-Bar Hydro Will fit the Bill...Otherwise Go w/a Hydro w/Twin Levers Like ECS or Pistols for Ultimate Control.

Doc Pete
06-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Any Hydro is Going to Be Easier than that Chinese Belt Drive Pistol Grip Monstrosity...If You're a Limp Wrister, a Pansy, have Carpet Tunnel Syndrome or are a Girl, the H-Bar or T-Bar Hydro Will fit the Bill...Otherwise Go w/a Hydro w/Twin Levers Like ECS or Pistols for Ultimate Control.

You couldn't be more correct. Excellent! I must admit, I didn't want to let my feminine side out of the closet, but what the heck. Those limp wrists of mine, combined with the H bar, have all the boys in awe, trying to keep pace with me. Actually, I blow them away in speed..... Errrrrrrr......... Well, maybe I should use that exact phase....."at least" for mowing :blush: :blush: :blush:
Glad to you're back in top form UL.......

bobbygedd
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
well boys, i stopped at the post office, i recieved 3 $100 bills. i need 4 more to send the formula out. keep em comming, first come first served

Doc Pete
06-14-2005, 08:08 PM
well boys, i stopped at the post office, i recieved 3 $100 bills. i need 4 more to send the formula out. keep em comming, first come first served

Bobby look more closely at those bills.....Did they spell the word "Monopoly" correctly??? If they didn't they're counterfeit......... :help: :help: :help: