PDA

View Full Version : customer stops me mowing now what...

LCME
06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
stopped at a customers house to mow. she was outside telling me i over charge by one mowing. and i left the fence 1" too high when i left last time. also, as i mowed she continued to tell my trimmer guy to trim here and there at lease 4 times. how would you guys handle this customer?.

marko
06-06-2005, 09:52 AM
If she is a PITA, drop her. Not worth the hassle.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Drop her like a bad habbit. Tell her go back in the house, we know what we're doing and tell her to not come out when the equipment is running.

walker-talker
06-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Did you overcharge her? What do you mean you left the fence 1" too high and is your trimmer guy missing spots?

LCME
06-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Did you overcharge her? What do you mean you left the fence 1" too high and is your trimmer guy missing spots?
the back yard is fenced in. i can not get my mower through the gate. so, the customer told me to disassemble 2 fasteners and peal back the fence to get in. after i leave to re-assemble it. appears the fence was 1" higher than the rest. the trimmer guy is doing a great job.

LCME
06-06-2005, 12:09 PM
forgot to meantion she also told me i overcharge her one mowing. i did 4 last month. but she says i only did one.

LCME
06-06-2005, 12:10 PM
no i did 4 mowings last month. she says i only did 3. will print out a statement and mail it to her. we will see.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
That math doesnt add up 4 mows, she say you mowed 1 time, that leaves 3 but she said you overcharged by 1. Between this and having to disassemble a fence to get in the back yard, I think its time to part ways here unless you cant eaT If you loose this yard

LCME
06-06-2005, 01:20 PM
That math doesnt add up 4 mows, she say you mowed 1 time, that leaves 3 but she said you overcharged by 1. Between this and having to disassemble a fence to get in the back yard, I think its time to part ways here unless you cant eaT If you loose this yard
no i mowed 4 times last month. she says i only mowed 3. so thats 1 less mowing she says. i'm sure i mowed 4 total last month. too much trouble. will be dropping soon.

LCME
06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
If she is a PITA, drop her. Not worth the hassle.
yup plan to drop. one more cut and see what happens.

LCME
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
forgot to meantion she also told me i overcharge her one mowing. i did 4 last month. but she says i only did one.
ops correction here. she says i only did 3 out of 4 last month.

txlawnking
06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, if your trimmer man really is delivering the goods... :waving: Bye Bye lady.

That is if you've already exhausted any form of diplomatic relations..

65hoss
06-06-2005, 02:47 PM
"Mrs. Smith, I have to many good and honest customers to deal with you. Find someone else. Life is to short to deal with you."

sheshovel
06-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Did you do 4 cuts last month or not? A statement does not mean sh... if you did not make 4 cuts.
Sounds to me like either you or she is a bit confused.
Don't be a baby about this,
talk to her. :blob3: Sit her down with a calender and show her the dates you mowed.Explain about how you move the fence then it looks like you missed trimming there.Explain to her that if she needs to talk to you.. doing so when you show up and are working is not a good idea
.That you are not there to cheat her or give her bad service and see how that goes.
Alot of these people have been SO ripped off and gotten bad service for their money they are at their wits end. :dizzy:
You are probably getting the brunt of that.
Stand up and be a man and handle this in a professional manner instead of DROP AND HIDE OR DROP AND NO_SHOWNOCALL. :angry:
I'm sure you are better than that.
Show yourself how well you can answer and handle these few little problems this customer has with your service.
You will be a better business man for your effort. :D

Pro-Scapes
06-06-2005, 06:18 PM
this is the 2nd or 3rd customer you have said you were going to drop. Do you have that much business you can drop em all? Sometimes you have to work a bit for your money not just mow and trim and bail out. I wouldnt be messing with peeling back her gate to get my mower in. Thats just asking for a liability or complaint about it. From your last threads sounds like you can use some customer relation skills. You missed something on someones lawn last week and refused to go back. You started cutting someones lawn 3 weeks ago and just left because she wouldnt pay more half way through the job. Just seems to me from a 3rd person standpoint thats poor people skills and work ethics.

Thats just my opinion and not meant to offend you personally. Not every one is a people person. I dont mind talking to my customers for a few minutes. When I get to busy to keep up customer relations then I need to hire more guys.Maybe thats why my customers buy 80% of my upsells like mulch and lighting and birdfeeders even