PDA

View Full Version : On the Ferris Wheel

WebDecoder
06-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Just purchased a Ferris IS5000 with the Cat engine. Has 8.5 hrs and engine throttles back and eventually goes dea after 45min- 1hr.. Had it at dealers the first time ( 6.5 hrs), they said that the fule lines had air in them. Cuts great when it runs, life on the Ferris Wheel, starts and stops. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lawn Sharks
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
when it starts to die the next time just loosen the gas cap and see if it recovers

sounds like a vacuum from a bad gas cap vent.

rodfather
06-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Fuel cap not venting, fuel line (air), or a problem with the fuel pump itself is my guess.

LwnmwrMan22
06-06-2005, 07:40 PM
I'll post first thing my father always asked back when I first started out....

Got fuel it that thing??? :rolleyes:

fld120sd
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
try changing the fuel filter... the air has to be getting in at a fitting or a gasket. when installing a new filter pre-fill the filter with fuel.

Clare

all ferris
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a IS4000 and some numb nuts at the factory dicided the the fuel lines would go on easier if they put vaseline on them where they connect inside the tank. Whatever it was that they put on it causes the lines to detiorate and eventually fall off inside the tank. All 3 fell off in my tanks (2 main lines and 1 reserve line). If yours are cracked this will cause it to get air in the lines and result in the problem you are having. I would check this if I were you. Once you get past this problem you'll have the best mower made and it WILL CUT LIKE A RAPED APE.