PDA

View Full Version : Input please

cclllc
06-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I have a new customer who wants her beds redone.They are covered in groundcover..big blue and ivy. What is the best way of getting all this gone?I was thinking of mowing it down and digging the remainder up.

sheshovel
06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Is the only way and then you still won't get it all up for sure it will comeback on you.

betterlawn
06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
What about pulling it out and then nailing it with Roundup (or maybe Roundup first so that it gets a lot of surface area?)

speedyvision917
06-06-2005, 05:09 PM
rip most of it up then your best best is to dig down about 6in and remove that soil then replace it with some new topsoil, only thing that worked for our house we had a ton and as much as we dug it up it still came back so we did this and nothin yet

AdamCByrd
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I would wait 'till a hot, sunny day, spray with Roundup at 6 oz/gal. You may want to mix in some dye so that you can be certain that you don't skip any areas. It will kill it down to the root. Wait 3-4 days (although it should be in the plant's system in half a day, but I'd wait to be careful), then mow / weedeat it down. It shouldn't come back.

Adam