PDA

View Full Version : toro z rider

aees115
06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
i have a toro 60 z rider i bought it new last year. cant say a lot of good things about it except "its there" every week something new comes up. i have had 6 throttle cables put on it an hour meter a spindle popped out one day for no reason. the tires were not sealed from the factory. the handle bar weld broke. now the starters going bad i have 400 hours on it anyone else hate toro as much as me or had this many problems? thats y i went with scag couldnt be happier

green thum
06-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Damn that sucks!!!I'm picking up my new 60" toro tomorrow,I run all toro equipment and haven't had any problems,hate to hear you havr had bad luck.

Tonyr
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
yep, my 15 month old toro z has had it's fair share of probs too. 350 hours only.

stuffed rocker, rocker seal, efi, earth wire, strator, regulator, bearings, and non warrantee items already are belt, 3 spindles, those useless cheap built expensive to replace spindle cover fastening clips, they buggered in under 100 hours, $24 bucks each! (use bolts now) and more I can't even think of.
oh yeah, those useless blade saddles just bend up....useless.

great mower, works hard, but toro should pay more attention to finer detail.

I reckon mine's bad, you should talk to another aussie here, Greg, poor bugger bought a diesel, I'll let him tell you his story, not good.

Toro is not on my shopping list for next mower.....gunna look at Hustler's rear discharge deck I think.....

Tonyr
06-06-2005, 11:17 PM
forgot to add.....toro doesn't give a damn about it's paint either it seems, bloody paint chips/ flakes off everywhere, a new machine looks old fast!
paint just falls off, like it's sheading it's coat ha ha ha

I pointed this out to dealer, comment was it's only a mower!

hmmmmmmmm, for the money I'd like to see better paint.

One good thing is, the rubber chute, great thing!

Oh, the deck performance is great, a definite leader in it's class!

Apart from these dramas, I like my toro z588e, been a good earner, very versatile, and clients love it!

ToroLandscaper
06-06-2005, 11:28 PM
I have toro equipment havent had any problems at all i will stick with them probably. All i have to say is good things about toro. Maybe you just got a dud lol. And is any of that stuff covered by warranty?