PDA

View Full Version : eXmark Metro HP vs. Turf Tracer HP, what gives?

Mower For Less
06-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey, I was racing my Metro HP and my Turf Tracer HP, and did several runs, both directions, and the Metro HP is consistently faster than the Turf Tracer. What gives? According to eXmark they should be the same speed. What kind of "tweaks" can I do to my Turf Tracer to make it go a little faster? I have been cutting alot of lawns full out now that things are getting hot and drying out, and still feel the mower should be able to go faster.

Can anybody help or offer some suggestions? Insight? Clues????

Thanks,
Kevin

ToroLandscaper
06-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Check the hydros, i had a toro wb and if i recall right there was somethin in that manual about the hydros and adjusting them higher or somethin like that try that out.

Mower For Less
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I seen an adjustment in the manual regarding some tensioner, it said it was shipped at the lowest setting, and you only need to increase it if you get slipping or stalling going up hills. It dosent appear to slip at all, so I'm not sure if that will help, it didnt say anything in the manual about affecting the speed. It did say it would increase the resistance at the control levers, so if I dont gain any speed, its not something I want to do.

This sucks that I can be more productive on a belt drive on wide open properties. It aint right I say.

Kevin

KathysLGC
06-07-2005, 03:57 PM
If you look under the controls of the TT you'll see right under the speed selector there is a rod (painted red) with an adjustment screw on it. Try adjusting that but be careful not to knock out neutral and reverse.