PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Scheduling

Howard Roark
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Just curious what everyone will be doing regarding their scheduling for Monday the 4th of July? Are you working that day, or moving them?

I may bump them back to the Saturday before and take the long weekend, this way not interrupting their holiday or mine.

Your thoughts?

Andersonlawnscape
06-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Monday is when I have all of my commercial accounts scheduled so I might just be able to keep it the same, If some of my 5 day rotations fall on the 4th I think I will actually do them on sunday possible, but for sure not on the fourth.

daveintoledo
06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
commercial properties, do what you like, but residential, have them finished before the weekend for your customers convienience

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I will not work on July 4th. That day is for family and to honor the USA.....work will get done the Friday before.

Derek

DFW Area Landscaper
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Working. We get 20 weeks of vacation that we don't want every year, so we work all the holidays that fall on a weekday (all three of them) during the mowing season.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

ECS
06-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Taking off and will push everything back one day. Hoping to take a four day weekend and be done by Thursday the week before the 4th.

grass_cuttin_fool
06-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Im going to try to get my commercials on sat instead of monday then tuesday bizz as usual

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:09 PM
i will be calling the customers, all of them, one by one, and asking them what they want me to do. it's thier call, if they say i work, i work

crawdad
06-07-2005, 07:11 PM
I'll be camped out at the motorcycle dirt drags on the creek Fourth of July weekend. Too drunk to fish, let alone run a mower.
All of my lawns will be looking good for the holiday weekend before I head up to the creek.
Crawdad

crawdad
06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
i will be calling the customers, all of them, one by one, and asking them what they want me to do. it's thier call, if they say i work, i work
Ya, right. Come on down and drink beer with me at Boozy Creek. We need more judges for the ladies competition.

bobbygedd
06-07-2005, 07:16 PM
ladies competition in tennessee? i thought usually the chic with the most teeth wins?

jgtxusa
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
My guys like to work everyday and our routes are pretty long and tight. We will work and try to get done early as possible. If i had any residentials on Monday, I would not do them, but we do all comm one Mon.

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Just curious what everyone will be doing regarding their scheduling for Monday the 4th of July? Are you working that day, or moving them?

I may bump them back to the Saturday before and take the long weekend, this way not interrupting their holiday or mine.

Your thoughts?

My Bday is on the 4th. We will have a damn long day on Tue.

RedWingsDet
06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
its to far away to be thinking about. I still have to get caught up for jobs I already have scheduled, along with the lawn care.

Pro-Scapes
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
going to work a full day sat instead of a half so customers can have nice yards for the 4th and I wont have to bust my rump to catch up. May flow over to having to do a few Sunday If I land 8 new bids I put in today but thats fine. Its light out til after 8pm.

crawdad
06-07-2005, 08:09 PM
ladies competition in tennessee? i thought usually the chic with the most teeth wins?
It's on the Tn/Va border. The one with the removable teeth usually wins. But first, it's gotta be a tie. Sort of an unwritten rule. Come on gals, lets see it again! :drinkup:

jpp
06-07-2005, 08:12 PM
4th will be a day off. EVerything gets pushed back. We will be working a 4 day week. But if mother nature doesn't give us some rain here and soon we might not be working at all. Been dry for over 10 days now. Lawns are starting to turn brown.