PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Accessories

arrowpa
06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Finally bought my Exmark HP and LOVE IT! What a machine. But I'm surprised it doesn't have any tow-behind accessories. I understand why, I guess, but I still expected the capability at least to be able to pull a large-sized spreader or something. Any thoughts or ideas you've seen to get beyond this limitation? Or do I have misinformation, and this easily accomplished?

TClawn
06-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I am sure you can tow things with it, just get a lawn tractor hitch and go for it.

the official word form eXmark is that the mower was not designed for towing, and not to tow things heavier than 50lbs. I would shoot them an E-mail to verify that it is still the case, they may have raised the towing limit. my information is from 02.

dvmcmrhp52
06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Exmark has a hitch kit, I think it's somewhere around $45.

arrowpa
06-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Exmark has a hitch kit, I think it's somewhere around $45.

I thought they did too, but it's not listed on their website as an accessory so I got confused. Thanks!

dvmcmrhp52
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I thought they did too, but it's not listed on their website as an accessory so I got confused. Thanks!

Possibility it's been discontinued now, I'm sure they didn't sell too many because they're pretty simple to make as well.

RayoVac
06-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Nope... the hitch is available. I got one with my new 2005 HP. 19HP Kawi, 48". Now Exmark corporate won't tell you this, but an Exmark rep at my dealer did the dog and pony for me when I was looking at the HP.

We discussed tow capacities. He said that MANY of his clients pull those 36" bradly water filled rollers at over 350lbs. He said it is very capable.. but you just need to take it easy and start out slow and stop slowly. I have a pull behind spreader and tried to pull a 48" roller full of water. I am guessing it had to be close to 500lbs, or that neighborhood. I pulled it NO problem. No moaning or groaning from the Hydros. Did not even slip a tire. I figure heck... if you can push it around yourself, your ZTR should be able to handle it. It can be heavy and if its rolling resistance is low... no problem.

Your mileage may vary... not to be held accountable for your ZTR blowing up. :)

ToroLandscaper
06-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Finally bought my Exmark HP and LOVE IT! What a machine. But I'm surprised it doesn't have any tow-behind accessories. I understand why, I guess, but I still expected the capability at least to be able to pull a large-sized spreader or something. Any thoughts or ideas you've seen to get beyond this limitation? Or do I have misinformation, and this easily accomplished?

Whats the Horse Power on it?