PDA

View Full Version : New Z

Lureman
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi Guys

I'm based in OZ and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the Ferris 4500z. I'm looking to expand our opperations and need to add new Z's. I currently run Great Danes, (good but not the best) I've trialed the Toro, Everride, and the Ferris. Will have the kubota here next week.

Any suggestions?

lawncare4u
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi Guys

I'm based in OZ and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the Ferris 4500z. I'm looking to expand our opperations and need to add new Z's. I currently run Great Danes, (good but not the best) I've trialed the Toro, Everride, and the Ferris. Will have the kubota here next week.

Any suggestions?

HUSTLLER SUPER Z

Travis Followell
06-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I mowed with one for a few minutes at the dealer demo day. The APS suspension really makes the machine ride a lot better than the independent suspension by itself plus the extra weight of the cat diesel really helps with the ride too. The IS 4500's even ride better than the IS 5000's. We have an IS 3000 and love it. get the Ferris and i'm sure you will be extremly happy with the machine.

Lureman
06-09-2005, 02:10 AM
I mowed with one for a few minutes at the dealer demo day. The APS suspension really makes the machine ride a lot better than the independent suspension by itself plus the extra weight of the cat diesel really helps with the ride too. The IS 4500's even ride better than the IS 5000's. We have an IS 3000 and love it. get the Ferris and i'm sure you will be extremly happy with the machine.

Thanks Travis

How long have you had the 3000? The one I rode had the deck belt jump off during the demo. :dizzy: How is the deck standing up to the work?

Thanks
Dave

MOJO111
06-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Hey Lureman :waving: Where in QLD are ya.
Im on the sunshine coast :cool2:

Tonyr
06-09-2005, 04:09 AM
G'Day Lureman!

I'm another Aussie too, based in Hervey Bay.

Hey Mojo, hows it hangin ole mate, haven't heard from you in ages!
Still busy?

As far as Ferris, I love em, demoed a is3000 before I bought the toro, nice machine! My only concern was dealer support, closest was brisbane, 1 man show, this didn't give me a lot of faith.

Hustler has just released a new rear discharge deck on a super Z or diesel model, saw pics last night of it in action, awesome.

Yeah, where are ya lureman?

MOJO111
06-09-2005, 09:01 AM
G'Day Lureman!

I'm another Aussie too, based in Hervey Bay.

Hey Mojo, hows it hangin ole mate, haven't heard from you in ages!
Still busy?

As far as Ferris, I love em, demoed a is3000 before I bought the toro, nice machine! My only concern was dealer support, closest was brisbane, 1 man show, this didn't give me a lot of faith.

Hustler has just released a new rear discharge deck on a super Z or diesel model, saw pics last night of it in action, awesome.

Yeah, where are ya lureman?

Hey Tony Goat muncher :D :D :waving:
Yeah its slowed down a bit with all the rain and all,
bit cooler so time for a break :sleeping:
looking to up grade my Hilux 4x4
to a F250 with a 351 clevland dule tyres, dule fuel etc.
Going to branch out to part time towing for winter $$$ as an extra.

You still going strong?????
Hows the shed????

Tonyr
06-09-2005, 09:33 AM
G'Day Mojo,

Mate yep everything is flowing well, still got heaps on....got developers and council now. Shed, yep, the mob got their licences pulled, and are out of business, BSA are gunna fix all the stuff ups.

Has been a nightmare, but at least things are slowly comin good, shed is big, heaps of room, painted floor, doin it up inside, more room than our last 3 bed room house lol!

gotta go, another biggie tomorrow!

Travis Followell
06-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks Travis

How long have you had the 3000? The one I rode had the deck belt jump off during the demo. :dizzy: How is the deck standing up to the work?

Thanks
Dave
We have had it for 3 or 4 months. its got about 55 hours on it and we havn't had a problem with the deck belt coming off. The only thing that has happened to ours is the hydro drive belt idler arm spring broke causing both hydro belts to jump off but we got the spring replaced and havn't had any more problems other than the digital hour meter quit working and we had to replace that. We mow some rought uneven ground and some very tall grass at times and the deck is holding up good and it does a great job. :)

Lureman
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey Lureman :waving: Where in QLD are ya.
Im on the sunshine coast :cool2:

Hi MOJO

I'm in Caboolture. Just moved down from Townsville in December. Been mowing since Febuary.

Lureman
06-10-2005, 04:26 PM
We have had it for 3 or 4 months. its got about 55 hours on it and we havn't had a problem with the deck belt coming off. The only thing that has happened to ours is the hydro drive belt idler arm spring broke causing both hydro belts to jump off but we got the spring replaced and havn't had any more problems other than the digital hour meter quit working and we had to replace that. We mow some rought uneven ground and some very tall grass at times and the deck is holding up good and it does a great job. :)

Thanks Travis

I loved the ride of the Ferris, it was good on hills etc. We gave it a really good workout in some pretty tough country and it stood up well.

Like Tony though I'm concerned by the dealer support. At the moment the Toro is looking good.

Travis Followell
06-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Those Toro's are nice mowers. I've never used one but I've heard good things about them and the turbo force deck i've heard is excellent. :)