PDA

View Full Version : if your product does work..

fga
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
mods, can you leave this hear, cuz it's really not about applications, more of a lawn care biz decision.

if you apply, in this case a commercial "weed and feed", (trimec)... and it honestly doesn't knock out any significant amount of broadleaf, do you reapply at no cost? like you pull up and the same patches are still there of clover, yet you just billed them for it.
keep in mind, case in point, all properties are under 1500 sqft.

would you hit it with a straight killer? the lawns greened up nice though, despite the lack of weed affectiveness on certain houses.

Runner
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM
The customer is paying for a weed free lawn, not someone to come out aand spread weedkiller.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Its why I do not use trimec in weed in feed it does not work well at all the leaves need to be wet. Confront works much better for weed and feed and knocks the crap out of clover trimec as a spray works great for anything the confront does not kill.

all ferris
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
confront is not labeled for residential use. I always make sure that if the yard I am spraying has lots of clover or violets to tell the customer that they will need a follow up visit at THEIR COST.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Confront 3 is the old stuff only just came off the market here. It never ends something works the remove it.

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 05:46 AM
you are selling "weed control". the customer is paying for "the aplication". you did in fact complete the aplication. a follow up treatment must be charged accordingly.

Tharrell
06-08-2005, 05:58 AM
I've used 2-4,d to knock out clover. Why are you using a weed and feed? If clover is that bad, you'll probably have to reseed or you'll have bare patches or in my case, bare AREAS!

SodKing
06-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Its the Dicamba in the three way mix that kills the clover. Clover is hard to control due to its thinck waxy cuticle. Confront did work good but it is now gone. Drive 75 will take out clover as well as many of the "three-way" products in ester fromulation.

No we don't charge for resprays as generally the weeds are controlled in the majority on the first and second application.

fga
06-08-2005, 12:50 PM
you are selling "weed control". the customer is paying for "the aplication". you did in fact complete the aplication. a follow up treatment must be charged accordingly.
bob,
what if it didn't work at killing weeds. i know its not my fault, and i know its not their fault... more of an inaffective product. you wouldn't hit it with a cheap straight killer?

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
yes i would, at an additional fee. you are not god. you applied a product that was manufactured for killing clover, and applied it at the manufacturers recommended rate, if it didn't work, it didn't work. this is why most of my chemical programs now have "spot treatments as needed", at an additional fee of $40-$50. most of the time no spot treaments are required, but if they are, it's paid for, and i just sold them a few squirts for $40-$50