PDA

View Full Version : Z vs. W/B

liquidforcedude7
06-07-2005, 10:10 PM
IM 13 and im looking to move up in equipment... I dont want to spend really any more than 2k. So im looking for used stuff. My neighbor down the street has a 38" timecutter z from toro that he will sell me for $1700 Its pretty much new (there is an off chance that I can talk him into working for it by doing his yard who he hires out for $55 each time. The people he has now have been doing a pretty bad job lately) But this mower doesnt even have anti scalp wheels or anything so Im kinda worried about that. Right now I have a 21" john deere and a 42" troy-bilt super bronco those are my 2 main mowers. My clients are starting to want more, because im increasing their prices in order to stay in business I was a BAD scrub not Im almost a boarderline scrub. I do very nice work with the stuff I have (I get most clients from "drive-bys") but im picking up more clients and I need something that will save me time. I have like 6 or 7 yards a week that I do and for most of them anything over 50" would really be over kill. So sould I get the homeowner Z from my neighbor ?? Or should I look for a used w/b like a scag, proline, or something?? I would need something that does have pretty much zero turning capabilities because people are starting to demand stripes.

Runner
06-07-2005, 10:13 PM
The Toro Timecutter? He is selling it, and you can be sure he has reasons he's selling it. Stick with the Troy bilt for now, and shop around for something else. Every once in awhile, you can come across a decent used wb for a few hundred bucks. I hope you find one like this.

liquidforcedude7
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Hes selling It because he is hiring his yard out now because his son is a freshmen in colege and he has a daughter my age and he really doesnt have the time. Hs son used the Z 2 years ago for not even one summer so its in pretty immaculate shape. OO and there are some slopes on my yards, not huge ones, but Ive heard bad stuff about Z's on slopes...

lwcmattlifter
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
For less than 1700 you can find a nice used 52" walk behind. For a little more there are good hydro w/b's out there.

ToroLandscaper
06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Dont get the toro z. Go with a wb or something better than that. It is for HOMEOWNER use only.