PDA

View Full Version : mower cuts off

fbomb
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
My 36" exmark hydro cuts off when I engage the blades or put it in gear. It runs find sitting still. Can anyone help me??

ed2hess
06-08-2005, 06:19 PM
On Scag and Snapper that is usually a sign that one of the safety interlocks is not working(open when it should be closed or the other way around).

Restrorob
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
My 36" exmark hydro cuts off when I engage the blades or put it in gear. It runs find sitting still. Can anyone help me??

Take a jumper wire and unplug each safety switch one at a time and install the jumper and try it if it still doesn't work take the jumper out and try it,If it still doesn't work plug that one back in and go to the next one,And continue until you find the bad one and replace it. Or they can be tested with a volt ohm meter also.

Restrorob
06-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Take a jumper wire and unplug each safety switch one at a time and install the jumper and try it if it still doesn't work take the jumper out and try it,If it still doesn't work plug that one back in and go to the next one,And continue until you find the bad one and replace it. Or they can be tested with a volt ohm meter also.

Just happen to think,You need to start with the operator presence switches
on the handle bars this is where the problem is !!!

fbomb
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks! I'm not good at working on my own stuff. I'll have to take it to the shop.

Restrorob
06-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks! I'm not good at working on my own stuff. I'll have to take it to the shop.

It just strikes me kind of funny that if your not any good at working on your own stuff why you would type a thread asking for help with your problem ??? :dizzy:

fbomb
06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
I thought it was worth a try. Maybe it was something VERY simple. I can fix a few things. I'm learning more everyday. Thanks