PDA

View Full Version : The PITA has Morphed

Tn Lawn Man
06-08-2005, 04:53 PM
So far this year the PITA personality has morphed into a different being.

In the past it was the "complainer". You know the type, they are never happy with anything starting from the moment you talk/meet with them. They question price, frequency, equipment etc...

Well this year it has been just the opposite. All of the people that came across difficult when I first met them have been my best new customers.

However, I have discovered that the PITAs are camouflaging themselves. Every PITA that I got this year started out by telling me everything that I wanted to hear.

"Oh yes, that sounds great"

"I am interested in full service, hedges, fertilizer the whole nine yards"

"Now, I want to make sure I get an invoice promptly so that you get paid on time"

And, of course, the Sure Fire Sign of a PITA.....drum roll..... "I have plenty of friends that I would like to refer to your service"

They go out of their way to make me feel like they are going to be the best customer and then BAM!!!!! They don't want to pay.

How about you all????

Appalachian landscape
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
same here. I've ran into some people and thought they were very nice, then when the work is done, it's whine and complain while holding my money hostage. The one that gets me angry most of the time is a self employed person who is always home when I arrive, then about 15 min before I'm done she jumps in the car and drives away without leaving me a check. I've offered to bill her monthly, but she wants to pay me everytime I cut. When I finally track her down a few days later, I get the check then it's "can you hold this untill, (insert day a week or so later) before you deposit it?"

:realmad:

JOEWOOD
06-08-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/BDX/BDX118/bxp27141.jpg

Lawnman, these ppl are too stupid to realize they are insulting your intelligrence, with the "I'll recommend you to my friends" (BULL).

Joe... :dizzy:

Mark McC
06-08-2005, 06:09 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/BDX/BDX118/bxp27141.jpg

Lawnman, these ppl are too stupid to realize they are insulting your intelligrence, with the "I'll recommend you to my friends" (BULL).

Joe... :dizzy:

Especially when they try to use it as a bargaining chip to get you to bid less.

alwaysgreener
06-08-2005, 06:12 PM
People = S**t... :angry:

bobbygedd
06-08-2005, 06:13 PM
these are professional scammers. they try to reel you in with things like, "i need landscaping too." and " i have others who are interested." and " well, do you want me to pay you in advance?" these are sure signs you are going to get humped. the way to prevent them from even trying to get thier foot in the door #1-them: "i need landscaping too." you:" sure, we can do anything you need, let's start with the grasscutting, and when we both have some free time, we can look over what you need as far as landscaping." this gives you time to service the property a few times, and feel them out. #2-them-" i have others who are interested too." you:" well that's fine, we apreciate referels, here are some cards, they can call the office." #3-them-" do you want to be paid in advance.?" you-" well, actually our policy is to collect a small deposit on the service, let me go over the contract with you, incase u have any questions." this is where you will catch them off guard, they fully expected you to turn down advance payment, based on the trust they just made you feel, by actually offering it to you. the response you will get here from them is," well, ok, let me look this over, and ask my husband/wife. i'll get back to you in a day or so."

Mark McC
06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
these are professional scammers.

You mean to tell me that you can actually draw a paycheck for that sort of thing? Why am I mowing lawns????????

NNJLandman
06-08-2005, 06:17 PM
I had this one lady, i just couldnt stand her anymore, First i could only go there and work during the hours and days she was there...okay ill try it out at first. Second she would give the orders to my employees...Id be shrub trimming and have to go around and rake clippings when I normally have a guy follow me around and cleanup right behind me. Thirdly she had a landscape construction job which was the intial way of getting me to her property, i estimated it she called wanted to go ahead with it, Now on Sundays I keep my phone off return calls after school Monday, by then she had already fired me for not returning her call and hired someone else, but then rehired me to perform maint. at her property, every time i went there the new guy for the project didnt show up, but she would tell me the week before "they are the biggest and best in this area, they have years more experience then you, they know more then you...etc" Great lady, meaning while in the back of my head im thinking "oh yea that guy, goes through employees like we change our underwear because he bounces checks." So see ya later find someone else.

Now i fell better after that ha.

Jeff