PDA

View Full Version : Help! (Honda commercial 21")

thecolorgreen
06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I have the commercial Honda static drive and when the blade is not engaged on full throttle it fades in and out. The spark plug sputters and pops. If the throttle is on low, the fading in and out eventually causes the engine to die.

When the blade is engaged it doesn't "fade" in and out but it seems to have a loss of power (it cloggs really bad in wet grass after only about 15ft).

I have drained the fuel tank, changed the air filter, spark plug and oil but it's still doing it.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

Tech man
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I have the commercial Honda static drive and when the blade is not engaged on full throttle it fades in and out. The spark plug sputters and pops. If the throttle is on low, the fading in and out eventually causes the engine to die.

When the blade is engaged it doesn't "fade" in and out but it seems to have a loss of power (it cloggs really bad in wet grass after only about 15ft).

I have drained the fuel tank, changed the air filter, spark plug and oil but it's still doing it.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. ThanksClean the carb, that should do it.

Lorge
06-09-2005, 10:22 PM
I had a 15 hp kawi that was having the exact same symptoms. I changed everything you did, but finally realized 1 of the intake manifold gaskets was blown/broken. Check that to see if its your problem. If not, clean the carb.