PDA

View Full Version : belt adjustment

mkosbab
06-08-2005, 09:55 PM
How do you adjust the belt tension for both the belt spinning around the three blades and the belt that goes from the clutch? to the deck?
48" Bobcat 1 year old

General Grounds
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
:blob3: both adjustments are very easy.

blade to blade- youll see your 3 spindle pulleys and a idler pulley, the iddler pulley has a threaded rod under it simply tigthen the both till you have a 1/2" depression in the belt.

eng-deck, ok, follow you belt from your center pulley till you come to the idler pulley set up, youll see a turnbuckle type contracption, with 2 jam nuts on each side, loosen jam nuts and turn the turnbuckleyoull see your idler moving either way.. good luck tony

mkosbab
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks Tony,

That's the way my older Bobcat is. The new one does not have that threaded rod under the pulley. Also does it matter that there is an electric clutch. It all seems either to complicated or it looks like there is nothing there to adjust.

mkwl
06-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I have a 2003 48" Bob-Cat WB, and there are no deck belt adjustments. Since it has an electric clutch, all of the adjustments are made by the idler pullies, so there is no deck belt maintenance.

mkosbab
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
If there is no adjustment could the belt be worn, because it seems like the belts are flopping around a lot?
The main reason I's asking this is because it seems I'm not getting a very good cut. I thought that it might be because the belts were slipping so the blades did not have enough speed to cut the grass. When I have been mowing lately it seems the cut is very uneven and if I mow it twice it looks great. Obviously I don't want to be cutting twice, but on some lawns I have to in order to make it look nice. Just thought it would be a simple adjustment somewhere. Unfortunatly I'm not a mechanic.

mkwl
06-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Sounds like the belts are worn.