PDA

View Full Version : Bill this out!

steve in Pa.
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
First off a total of 204.5 man hrs, edging aprox. 1300 ln ft + 35 tree ring ranging from 5' diameter to 10', hauling out of 6.5 dumptruck loads of old mulch, arb needles, install weed mat to aprox. 650ln ft x 7, install aprox. 45 tons of crushed red brick that cost me 50.00 scoop., which you get about 2 scoops per ton. this also include 31 scoops of red dyed mulch.

Gibs
06-08-2005, 11:14 PM
i'd say like 100$ maybe.... but wouldnt go much higher than that.. hahhaa

Green Pastures
06-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Why?

Do your own work!

:p

YardPro
06-09-2005, 08:17 AM
posts like this are kind of irritating..

you have all your materials listed, and you know how much labor was involved.... can you not figure a price????

do you not know what your operating costs are????

steve in Pa.
06-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes, I have figured out the cost and the invoice is already sent out. Just curious on what others would charge for installing this amount of brick. I am no newbie to this buisness been involved with landscaping since i was 13. If you don't like post like these don't read them.

YardPro
06-10-2005, 07:01 AM
you didn't say all that...

your post sounded like you were asking for others to help you come up with a figure to bill out....

obviously this was the case, as the only two other responders thought so as well......

BCSteel
06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Who cares what others are making, if your happy with your profits then why bother? If your not as new as you say you are you should have an idea of what the comp would charge anyways.

Appalachian landscape
06-14-2005, 12:16 AM
never done anything this big. maybe around $15k to $18k or so. possibly $20k

Markf
06-14-2005, 02:02 PM
It is a tough thing to calculate only because you have varying costs. For example, do you charge $60/hour for edging and was it done manually? If I did, even here in Fairfield County, I wouldn't be working. However, we have bought machinery that makes us more efficient. Therefore, I can charge less per hour but make more per hour due to being done quicker. What do you charge for windshield time?
Mark

nocutting
06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, I have figured out the cost and the invoice is already sent out. Just curious on what others would charge for installing this amount of brick. I am no newbie to this buisness been involved with landscaping since i was 13. If you don't like post like these don't read them.
Listen Buddy, when you 1st posted you made yourself sound really ignorant, even in my mind "I'm wonderin does this guy have anything written to go with the work he is doin?".....Ya know not everybody looks at peoples profiles before given them an answer?.......and bein a "Pro" you could have offered your operating cost, to make it easier on us?......just some words of wisdom Steve :)

Remsen1
06-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Questions:
Is the 204 hours just for the edging?
How many hours involved in getting the mulch from the ground to the dumptruck, what equipment was used?
How many miles to dumpsite?
Do you have to pay a fee at the dumpsite?
How many hours to install weed mat.?
Did the $50 per scoop of red brick include trucking? Hours to install?
Mulch (@31 scoops) are these 1 yd scoops. How many hours to install? (extra difficulty=higher price)

I'm already over $15,000 without knowing the answers to these questions.

qualitylandscaping
06-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Figured it up at my cost..

$23,470 + tax.. take it or leave it