PDA

View Full Version : Danfoss wheel motors ? Parker Ross

tacoma200
06-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Just wanted a little genral information on Danfoss wheel motors. Reliability, where they are made, or any other info you could provide. What company uses them?

What about Parker Ross? are they better?

Travis Followell
06-11-2005, 08:29 AM
I've never heard of a Danfoss wheel motor. They must not be very popular. Parker Ross on the other hand is probibly the most popular. Most ztr's use Parker Ross wheel motors so they are one of the best.

CincyWolf
06-13-2005, 12:50 AM
I had one eXmark dealer tell me that the Danfoss motors were previously used on the older Lazer Z and now is used in the Lazer AS model since that is basically the older version Lazer Z. He told me it was a good drive motor and suggested that service wise it was as good or better as the current Parker-Ross.

I'm not sure I believe him on the "as good or better" comment since all the high quality ZTRs out there now seem to be using Parker-Ross. I tried doing a google search to get specs vs. the Parker motor but didn't have any luck. I decided not to go with the AS model so I didn't try to cross reference this info with other eXmark dealers.

Maybe one of the eXmark dealers that frequents this board can comment and provide some unbiased opinions.

rbig
06-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Sauer Danfoss is the successor owner of the renowned Sundstrand hyrostatic trannys. Is that what you're referring to? Or I am way off the mark.....

tacoma200
06-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Sauer Danfoss is the successor owner of the renowned Sundstrand hyrostatic trannys. Is that what you're referring to? Or I am way off the mark.....

Exmark names two different wheel motors they use. The Parker/Ross in the more expensive units and what they call a Hydro-Gear (Danfoss) in the less expensive versions. They say both are reliable but the Hydro-Gear (Danfoss) is slower but has more torque. Just wanting to know more about these different wheel motors. I just don't know much about pumps and wheel motors and trying to get some input. I think Hustler uses Hydro-Gear. Not sure why Exmark puts Danfoss in ( ) after the name Hydro-gear. Is Danfoss the parent company of Hydro-gear or what. Just wanting some info so I can be better informed. Thanks!