PDA

View Full Version : BR550, problems anyone

kc2006
06-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Anyone else having a ton of troubles with their br550?

Mines going back to the dealer on monday. I've had it for less then a month and the valves went out of adjustment and the carb needed tuned again. I talked to the salesman that i got it from and told him I would have brought it back next day because I hate the thing but the reciept says no refunds. Then i find out when i brought it there that they have 14 day refunds. So he said try it again all adjusted and fixed and see how i like it now and if I'm still not satisfied to bring it back. Well I take it out yesterday, first time i go to start it, now it won't start. Took me 10 mins to start it (yes it was primed so I wasn't sitting there trying to get fuel to it) then I'm using it and about 5 mins into using it guess what, it starts to bog down again and die whenever I'd give it throttle. Junk is what I say. I saw how much cfm it puts out but they said it was way better because of the 4 mix engine, its so torquey, well that was bs the thing is weak.

So we shall see what happens on monday. I honestly want to return it and walk away from that dealer, it seems their service dept is junk, they broke a few of the little plastic "grill" pieces off the blower that go around the back so I don't trust them. They carry echo too (I didn't know this originally) so I might go with the 651T or if I can get a full refund I'll go to another dealer and get a 7001 redmax.

ed2hess
06-11-2005, 12:25 PM
I would go with the 2 stroke Echo 261T you won't be disappointed we have two of them. I prefer to stay away from new kinds of engines(4-mix) until it is clear they have the problem all solved.

lwcmattlifter
06-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your Stihl problems. I have 2 651's and both of them are outstanding blowers. You won't be disappointed with Echo.

kc2006
06-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Picked up the 651 today. Its alot louder then the stihl and vibrates like crazy, but its way stronger and has power right when you hit the trigger so its all good.

The stihl was comfortable, but that doesn't help effeciency.