PDA

View Full Version : Grease pencil markings

FERT-TEK
06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
What would you use to remove grease pencil markings from a paver patio. My nephew thought it was a stick of yellow chalk and started drawing on my paver patio now I cant remove the stains without using harsh chemicals that seem to stain the bricks that I tried it on. The chemical was similar to goo-gone.

Would you suggest pressure washing those bricks and reapplying the binder sand afterward ?

FERT-TEK
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Bump bump bump anyone out there?

Grassmechanic
06-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe a garage floor type degreaser??? Acetone will probably melt the grease away, but I don't know if it will damage the brick. You may want to check with the manufacturer.

jreiff
06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Try using Castrol Degreaser. It comes in a purple Spray bottle. I get it at Mills Fleet Farm. We use it to clean Bobcats, takes grease and oil off nicely. Spray on the patio and then pressure wash off. Should work.

n2h20
06-13-2005, 12:45 AM
dish soap and water? i have used that for oil from trucks and equipment before..

digger1
06-22-2005, 11:36 PM
maybe the acetone or similar solvent that is not petroleum based. try it on a piece of scrap paver and let the paver weather a couple of days to see if it leaves a stain. don't scrub....dab it and try to "lift out" the pencil mark. can you remove the paver and replace it??

fixer67
06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
A pressure washer will get it off if all else fails. You would have to do the whole thing to make it all look the same.

Guthrie&Co
06-23-2005, 01:50 PM
muratic acid. that is what most people use to clean bricks and concrete with.

n2h20
06-24-2005, 01:15 AM
i had some grease marking on some flagstone and nothing worked. didnt think about soap and water or pressure washing.. Acid did not work for me and i did not delout (SP) it...

blkberry
06-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I know ya are not going to believe this, but trust me! Go find an old clothes iron and a bunch of cotton rags. Set dry rag on spot, set HOT iron on rag. The heat from the iron will melt the marker and the rag will soak it up. Ihave used this to get candle wax out of rugs, and carpet. Evun picked up the lipstick my 5 year old spread on the truck seats. Good luck!