PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Methods For Hardscaping?

Drafto
06-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I have been searching all over the site for my answers and haven't found any yet so I decided to post this. What advertising methods do you guys use for hardscaping? I have been comparing doing a direct-mailer or doing Valpak (a bulk coupon mailer). For the amount of homes Valpak seems to be more for your dollar, but I just can't stand thinking of hoping someone goes through it to get my coupon. For $1100.00 Valpak goes to 20,000 homes, 10,000 in July and 10,000 in August, i choose what "zones" or zip codes. I guess my thinking is that if I closed 2 jobs out of 20,000 mailers I could justify the cost, provided they are average jobs, not small. Anyone have any techniques they use for advertising? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Rex Mann
06-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Dan,

You have to use advertising, which will get to your target market. What is your target market? Once you discover your market or desire to change it, then select advertising based on that being one of the factors.

We have Valpak in my market. However, most people who use Valpak coupons are not are target market. In our household, we just put them in the trash, unopened.

Here is a link to the print medium we use:

http://www.keyaccess.com/regions/phoenix.htm

Not sure if it is available in your market, however something similar may be.

Here is how it works: They divide Phoenix into East and West Vally. One month the book will go to even numbered houses on the East side, then next month to the evens on the West side, then back to the East odds and finally the West odds. It takes four months to cover all of our target market. This book has advertisements and editorials about the products advertised. It is a book most people in our target market hang-on to and browse through it. The book only goes to homes valued over $300,000.00, which is our target market. It runs about $1,000.00 a month. However, one of my vendors splits it with me. Send me a PM and I'll explain it.

The other way we advertise is through our website. We generate a lot of hits, which in turn become leads. So many I can not track them all down. Now the book we are in lists our website address, so this drives hits and lets potential clients see what we are about. We just signed a deal over $28,000.00 for a driveway because the clients found our website surfing the internet.

One of my vendors paid to have our website built and they also pay to have it hosted. It costs me $00.00 to build or maintain it. Yet, we have complete input on the entire site. PM me and I can give you more details on how this works.

Remember, the best marketing is not going to always be the cheapest! You may have to try some different things before you find one that produces result you want.

Happy marketing.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com (http://paversinstalled.com)