PDA

View Full Version : What\'s a good day?

ProScapeOM
02-28-2001, 11:54 AM
I have an area I have targeted for new business and have made up some flyers telling what services I perform and the base price I will charge for most houses in the area plus I have included a free estimate and free pen with my company name and number. Does anyone have an opinion or advice on what day of the week is the best one for putting out flyers? And am I going in the right direction with this?

kutnkru
02-28-2001, 12:14 PM
I would tend to think that they would be more likely to get tossed into the old circular file from Friday thru Sunday because people are too busy, or it would get set aside and then forgotten and tossed at a later date.

I would think that Mondays would be out because most people are aggitated by getting back to work, so this would be the wrong frame of mind.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays seem to be vacant days because most people dont leave for or come back from vacatiuons or excursions these two days of the week. Almost everyone I know is home at some point on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thursday seems to be the day that people are either leaving for vacation opr getting ready for the weekend. so thios would be 50-50 here.

Hope this helps.
Kris

Scape Sculptor
03-01-2001, 10:53 PM
Every day is fine...You just need to get them out there...
It is a numbers game. The more out, the more calls or chances you get.

Samurai WeedWacker
03-06-2001, 11:43 AM
If the Sun comes up, it's a good day.

RYAN
03-06-2001, 05:01 PM
Unmon also said. "Weekdays are the best especially if it is a warm day. People seem to think more about lawn and the outdoors on a nice day". and Buddah replied" When the sun rises and the moon falls the dogs will howl and flyers will be passed out"
Zen 24/7/365

1MajorTom
03-06-2001, 10:35 PM
No need to overthink things.
Any day is good. Just get your name out there.

tpirobert
03-07-2001, 07:59 AM
Any and all days are fine as long as weather is fine. My preference is at sunrise on Sat or Sun. People walk out to get their weekend paper an get my flyer. On pre-dawn Sundays there is no traffic to worry about and no mailman. But, as others have said...just do it.

lawrence stone
03-07-2001, 10:15 AM
I found it a lot easier to put a flyer in with the newspaper
box by using a motorcycle.

You need two people when you use a car or truck and you use a lot more fuel.

I have used my gs1100e in the past. I just ride right up to the box and pull a flyer out of my tank bag with my right hand. Then I just hit the throttle and watch out for the gravel.

When you can do 0-60 in 3 seconds you can do a lot in a short time.

HOMER
03-09-2001, 07:39 PM
Stone, made any modifications to that GS 1100? Might make a good stump grinder if you could modify the rear wheel! :D

John DiMartino
03-09-2001, 08:18 PM
Stone-i love those GS 1000E's,those things rock.Glad to see you have one.Got Carb work or pipes?

lawrence stone
03-09-2001, 10:39 PM
John gs1000 are 2 valve engines. I have the 4 valve. 1983 was the last year for the gs1100 and the crank was welded from the factory and the big end or the crank is bigger.
The eariler models had a small end on the crank and the stator would walk right off. A riding buddy had a 1981 and
he had to weld the stator to the crank.

I have never had the head off. It has 28k miles at a quarter mile at a time. Right now it has aftermarket 33mm smooth bore
carbs with the fuel running thru a dual outlet race petcock.
The pipe is an old rusted kerker race pipe (circa 1984) with
a Alum canister. I have the street and competiton (too loud) baffle.

Back when I was a young man (1984) I was National #2 for the season in PRO ET (I was bracket racing full drag bikes
with slicks bars and air shifters vs. my street bike).

I won three nationls in a row in the Dragbike AMA series.
I had the longest winning streak in the history of the
series with 16 rounds won. Eight rounds were won at a race in conjunction with cycle jam weekend at Pocono Internation Raceway (the 2 1/2 mile tri oval). We raced down the front
straight a real big crowd. The dragbikes were at a real disatvantage. There was no rubber down like a regular drag strip. The made them burn out on a piece of steel and launched on reg. blacktop. The lights were these real old
jobs that they used to have at a local track and I was right on. In the finals
I raced a guy from York on a bar bike. I ran a 11.909 on a
11.90. He ran a 10.909 on a 10.90. There were no reaction
timers or even mph numbers. Real hayseed seat of the pants
drag racing.

The next race was in syracuse, ny and I won that (4 rounds).
Then I went to columbus oh and won that race. In the finals
out of all those bar bikes it was two street bikes. Me on the GS and another kid on a kz1000. He was 2-3 tenths slower than me and he left first. I had a bad light and was
trying to run him down and was getting nowhere fast at when at about a 1000ft he missed a shift and I slid right on by.

Then the next and last race that year was in Maple Grove in
reading pa. I red lighted first round to a fj1100 the was 2 tenths faster than me.

So that was my 15 mins. of fame.

Island Lawn
03-11-2001, 08:29 AM
Very cool 15 min.
Glad to see you worked your bike into a business expense.

I stick my GT pedal pusher in the back of my van, drive to the neighborhood, and bike through it, newspaper box to newspaper box
BTW
You got my arse 0-60.

Any day you wake up and you know where you are at, all your stuff is still w/ you and your stuff (inc. family, of course) is ok = Good Day

Any day not workin fo da man = Good Day

Any day can be a Good Day...Just do it!