PDA

View Full Version : re-do paver walk

bobcatnj
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
i have a customer that wants his paver walkway re-done. he wants the pavers out and put back in.the walkway is the anchor cobble with a holland border. the walkway is 50x4 with 2 steps that go the the house.the walkway looks fine to me except for a dip on the top steps. but thats what he wants thats what he gets!!! he said it has been re done 4 times by 4 different people, so i guess now hes trying me. what would you charge to do something like this???

sheshovel
06-14-2005, 05:14 PM
First find out what the problem is.Why does he not find it satisfactory?If others have redone it and it all comes aout as before,mabey you need to reroute it or think outside of the box on this to satisfy him.Find out exactly why he wants it redone,then don;t let him dictate how to do it right you decide how to do it so it comes out right then think about a price.

Kate Butler
06-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Can you find out who the previous 'fixers' were? Talk to them before you commit.

hollywood
06-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I would be suspicious why he has had the same work done so many times. However, if he is willing to pay, go for it. As for pricing, charge him by the hour plus materials.

bobcatnj
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
it really doesnt matter to me who has done it before. it looks to me where the pavers have sunk on the top step is from water run off from the roof. i asked him about this and he said only when there is ice. so im guessing the bases under needs to be redone because it is not solid enough. anyone have a price range? thats what im really looking for?

sheshovel
06-16-2005, 02:20 AM
All I can say because I can't see the job and I am not there
is that I charge twice as much to fix other peoples screwed up jobs.

jd boy
06-16-2005, 09:02 AM
at least twice as much. this guy has pita written all over him!
if he cant get the job done in a way he feels good about it in 4 tries something is wrong. I understand there are more worthless contractors out there, than those who really know what they are doing, but I would be reluctant.

bobcatnj
06-16-2005, 06:03 PM
so anyone have a price in mind??? staight walk 50x4 with 2 steps. anchor cobble with holland border.

n2h20
06-16-2005, 11:47 PM
that I charge twice as much to fix other peoples screwed up jobs.
thats the best idea ever. fixing someone elses problem is always a pain in the arse////

n2h20
06-16-2005, 11:54 PM
cant give you a dollar amount..but how much you chage per day plus help? how long do you think it will take you? Im not familiar with the Holland border. 5000

Henry
06-17-2005, 12:04 AM
$3600.00

I would treat it as a new install. I won't waste my time trying to put the cut pieces back where they came from and if you cut new ones the colors won't match. If the steps themselves aren't sinking leave them alone. If they are charge accordingly.

RedWingsDet
06-19-2005, 12:30 AM
5300 and then 1300 extra if he wants all new base. dont skimp yourself