PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 25HP mower engine sputtering

force350z
06-15-2005, 09:19 PM
what causes the sputter or power loss? it happens when engaging the pto and/or during mowing. the engine has about 550 hours. i replaced the spark plugs three times and the fuel filter once hoping it'll correct the problem but to no avail. any ideas or suggestions is very much appreciated.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
06-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Had A Kohler 18 Hp That Used To Do That ........................turned Out To Be The Fuel Hose Had Collapsed On The Inside And Looked Normal On The Outside. Maybe Dirt/water In The Carb Fuel Bowl ?

Restrorob
06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I would do the above mentioned and check for contamination in the carb.,There should be a small phillips screw with a spring on it in the bottom of the carb. bowl loosen this screw a little catch the fuel in a small container and check for water.If no water is found then the bowl needs to be removed to check for trash.If trash is found clean the carb. with a choke carb. cleaner spray and reassemble.

mini14
06-30-2005, 09:53 PM
could also be a faulty ignition coil. when mower starts to stumble, pull spark plug boot off one side, if engine runs the same with stumble, thats the bad coil side. if the engine dies, that was the good coil. has happened to me twice now on my 23 kawy. notorious problem with these engines. and wear gloves while doing this.