PDA

View Full Version : tnvol

rwest
06-16-2005, 08:35 PM
:dizzy: Need some help with Lx188 John Deere with 17hp Kawasaki. Engine shuts off when engaging the blades. All safeties are disconnected and jumped. The clutch will engage and the engine will run without the blade drive belt on the clutch. Install the belt and the engine quits. Engine runs great. Could the module on the ignition switch cause the engine to shut down??? Any advice or input appreciated.

rwest
06-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Need some help with Lx188 John Deere with 17hp Kawasaki. Engine shuts off when engaging the blades. All safeties are disconnected and jumped. The clutch will engage and the engine will run without the blade drive belt on the clutch. Install the belt and the engine quits. Engine runs great. Could the module on the ignition switch cause the engine to shut down??? Any advice or input appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Restrorob
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Need some help with Lx188 John Deere with 17hp Kawasaki. Engine shuts off when engaging the blades. All safeties are disconnected and jumped. The clutch will engage and the engine will run without the blade drive belt on the clutch. Install the belt and the engine quits. Engine runs great. Could the module on the ignition switch cause the engine to shut down??? Any advice or input appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If the engine runs fine and the PTO clutch engauges fine with the belt off,I would say its not a electrical issue. I would check the blade spindles a bearing could be locked-up,Or a idler pulley locked,I had a toro 30" rear engine rider in last week,Engauge the deck and it would stall. Found a stick 1/2 inch long and a little smaller than a pencil wedged between the blade and deck.

rwest
06-16-2005, 09:36 PM
That is a about the only thing I have not checked. I will let you know Friday. Thanks for the HELP. Ricky