PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa T2510 Hard Start Fix

mcambrose
06-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Recently I was talking to a Shindaiwa rep about my hard starting 2510 trimmer. He said some units have a problem with an air leak where the plastic portion of the carburetor inserts into metal portion. You remove the two screws near the linkage connection. Pull the plastic portion out and coat underside of lip with lithium grease and replace. Mine worked better.

HK45Mark23
06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Wow! My 2510 starts on the first pull every time. It did take a few starts in the beginning before it was one start, but after a short break in period it is a dream. I would insist on contacting Shindaiwa and getting the thing looked at by a competent technician. How long have you had it and do you follow the instructions for starting it. Full choke, press the fuel bulb 3 times and place the throttle position in the start position?

mcambrose
06-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Yes, I have had it looked at by Shindaiwa tech. I have also talked with factory rep 8-10 times. I have tried new plugs, a 2510 upgrade kit and this last fix to seal carburetor. It starts better, but nothing like yours. It does run great.

HK45Mark23
06-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I do have to immediately switch the choke to the open position after it starts or it will die. Also after it is warm I never have to choke it for the rest of the day, usually. Some times the first start of the day may be a two pull start. But mostly one pulls and no problems. On the first start the warm up is maybe up to10 seconds and it is ready for full throttle and no bogging down. Some times if I try to start it and run instantly as it starts it may not like, that on first starts. I will leave the throttle in the start position and usually by the time I walk to the first task it is ready and goes, maybe a 3-8 second walk. And that is only on the first start of the day. After that it is first pull and instant power. And really that is most of the first starts also. ok ok ok I know I am rambling now. I will talk to my tech and see if they have any suggestions.