View Full Version : Marylanders

02-28-2001, 09:02 PM
Does anybody know if you need any tupe of liscense in maryland to do minor landscaping(mulch) and lawncare?

Richard Martin
03-01-2001, 04:00 AM
If your company has more than $20,000 in assets you need to register with the tax office in Baltimore. In Anne Arundel County if you are running your business out of your house you need to get a "use" permit from the Office Of Planning and Zoning. They are $30.00 and are good forever. As long as you do not do any landscaping (spreading mulch is just maintenance) you do not need anything else. If you do any landscaping you will need to get your Maryland Home Improvement Commision License. Most new guys don't bother with this license for a while but I wouldn't ant to get caught without it. Fines start at $5000.00 and go up I believe.