PDA

View Full Version : Walbro WT471 rebuild kit

Bitter
06-17-2005, 04:34 PM
where can i get one? i looked on the internet and could only find a superceeded choke lever. am i just sucking at searching?

i dont think i know anywhere local that sells homelite or walbro parts.

i need the kit because i have to pull apart the carb. its leaning real bad, something is clogged up in it. i know that taking it apart i will tear gaskets and im sure a new diaphram and some other new parts will help it too.

Bitter
06-17-2005, 09:26 PM
bump? anyone know where?

fixer67
06-17-2005, 09:38 PM
According to http://www.cheapmowerpartsoem.com/parts.asp it is a standard off the shelf kit you can get any where.

Bitter
06-17-2005, 10:03 PM
thanks, google sucks i guess :dunno: its never failed me before when searching for parts.

do i need the repair kit and the gasket/diaphram kit? im used to just getting a rebuild kit that has it all.

fixer67
06-17-2005, 10:19 PM
The rebuild kit has a new needle valve, and paddle for it. The spring does not come in either kit because the kit covers so many differant carbs. If the carb is old I would get the rebuild kit because the paddle for the needle valve gets woren and does not work right. The gasket kit only has just that gaskets. You really need a Walbro carb tool to set the meter diaphram trip level on the valve paddle. Jets are not in the kit either. Google is a good serach engine but you may have just entered the search wrong. If you enter "Walbro WT471 rebuild kit" it comes back blank. Just try entering Walbro next time. Google and other search engines DO NOT search the net for things, they search they own "hard drives" for words found in web pages stored there. That is why sometimes you click on a link in Google or any search engine only to find out the link is dead or the site has changed or gone.

Restrorob
06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
thanks, google sucks i guess :dunno: its never failed me before when searching for parts.

do i need the repair kit and the gasket/diaphram kit? im used to just getting a rebuild kit that has it all.

I found the K10-WAT complete kit here www.sepw.com ,Its under 8.00.
This is Teenies parts center At 1-800-236-2333

fixer67
06-17-2005, 11:21 PM
If you do not have or can find a Walbro metering lever set tool item number 500-13 ($5.00?) you can set them the old way. I found this in an old Walbro manual years ago. Sorry about the PDF format but a picture scan of 800 X 600 (lawnsite limit) came out too small to read.

Bitter
06-18-2005, 04:13 AM
If you do not have or can find a Walbro metering lever set tool item number 500-13 ($5.00?) you can set them the old way. I found this in an old Walbro manual years ago. Sorry about the PDF format but a picture scan of 800 X 600 (lawnsite limit) came out too small to read.
you sir are a god :hail:

and now that i see that...i remember going over that for state competition. its been a while, but its really coming back to me. god, i still remember how to put together the kohler breather.