PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki FJ180V Engine

mcdansley
06-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I have a Kawasaki FJ180V (6 hp) on a commercial Snapper 21" walk-behind mower. Is this engine suppose to be quiet. Mine is quite noisy. The only comparison that I have is to a 5.5 hp Briggs I/C engine on my Toro Super Recycler. I thought that these engines should be quieter than most.

Restrorob
06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I have a Kawasaki FJ180V (6 hp) on a commercial Snapper 21" walk-behind mower. Is this engine suppose to be quiet. Mine is quite noisy. The only comparison that I have is to a 5.5 hp Briggs I/C engine on my Toro Super Recycler. I thought that these engines should be quieter than most.

When you say noisy are you talking about exhaust or just engine noise alone ?

mcdansley
06-18-2005, 11:21 PM
I think its just engine noise. But talking to other people, it might be the mower/blade combination (snapper/ninja). Others are saying that other makers with the same engine is quieter because of blade mass, governing, etc...

Restrorob
06-18-2005, 11:42 PM
I think its just engine noise. But talking to other people, it might be the mower/blade combination (snapper/ninja). Others are saying that other makers with the same engine is quieter because of blade mass, governing, etc...

That is a very good possibility on the blade,I've never heard of a Briggs engine thats quieter than a Kawasaki or Honda.