PDA

View Full Version : sulkys

Groundcover Solutions
02-28-2001, 11:41 PM
i have a exmark 52 hydro, and i am interested in buying a sulky this season, if anyone has any experience with them could you tell me your take on them. i mow primarily standard to large lots, no fields. i really am looking for efficiency, seeing as how i have to work around school for the first and last of the mowing season.

Runner
03-01-2001, 12:07 AM
All I can tell you really is that if you have a hydro, go with the solid mount sulky with the pivoting casters. This way you will not have any trouble jack knifing while backing up.(a real pain) Also, with the hydro, you will have NO trouble in swing the sulky around while pivoting.

65hoss
03-01-2001, 12:35 AM
I have the 2 wheel version, and its the only way to go. Especially with the hydro. But I can also put it behind my belt drive and it does great there too. Below is the link to the one I have. It's the one on the right.

http://www.turfspecialty.com/page2.html

Groundcover Solutions
03-01-2001, 12:38 AM
thanks for the info guys

Scott H
03-01-2001, 07:27 PM
I use velke's, and they work great to. You just cant back up very well with them. I know what you mean about working around school in may and september. I sucks doesm't it!!!

Scott

GLM
03-01-2001, 07:48 PM
Velke's (one wheeler) here, I've tried the two wheelers and settled on the one wheelers. Now one wanted to run the mower with the two wheeler on it(including me).The solid one with the pivoting casters does look nice though,you don't need to chase the mower around corners, haven't tried one. What ever you get sure beats walking those really big lawns!

lsylvain
03-05-2001, 04:11 PM
since were on the subject does anyone know of a sulky that fits a Derby hydro wb. They are set up different than other wb's.

TJLC
03-05-2001, 05:45 PM
I own the Bullrider from Trimmertrap. I use it on my 48" hydro. It has two settings, fixed and pivoting.I leave it in the fixed position. It is a solid, well built velke. I think it cost around $350.00 last year when I bought it.

Skookum
03-05-2001, 05:57 PM
I have a set of Jungle Wheels from Jungle Jim's line of products. It is the Two wheel kind that just trailers behind. Works great on my grear drive Toro. Best extra money you can spend on a WB unit.

With a Hydro, go with the Bull rider or the newer Bronco rider from Trimmer Trap. Money well spent, you'll wish you did it sooner. You'll feel like mowing more yards in a day as well!

Martinsworth
03-09-2001, 03:26 PM
The Proslide stays behind the mower and makes nice stripes on the lawn. I've been using them for years and contrary to what you may hear, they don't tear my lawns. Their website is at http://www.novaecorp.com.

joshua
03-09-2001, 03:31 PM
the sulky is the best way to go. on;y thing i hate is how it leaves a little line in the strip so i only use it on fields and big back yards.
i hate working around school.

Fantasy Lawns
03-09-2001, 04:26 PM
TJLC hit it on the button ...the Bull Rider is the way to go ....just back up ONCE and you'll remember why you bought a hydro (besides no belt slip) http://www.advancedmower.com/trimmer_trap_sulkys.htm

[Edited by theleven on 03-09-2001 at 09:09 PM]

Martinsworth
03-09-2001, 05:07 PM
The biggest advantage the Proslide has over others is the way it gets up out of the way when you step off. Once you step off its like there's no sulky there at all.