PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Loosening agent

RoyalZ
06-20-2005, 06:26 AM
I scraped my mower deck by hand reduce the grass build up. I am in search of a miracle product that will clean the deck to the metal. Should I pressure wash the deck?

Is there any chemical or product that will remove or help to reduce mower deck build up of grass?

nocutting
06-20-2005, 08:24 AM
How about some spray-on "teflon", like they have for fryin pans?.....or like that "Rain-X" stuff? :)

Lawn Sharks
06-22-2005, 07:25 AM
at the end of the day just fire up the mower on high rpm and take a hose and direct it at the pavement just under the edge of the deck, it should spin water around underneath and wash it all out, I do this everyday

For the 21 I direct it to splash under the deck just in front of the right rear wheel, seems to work best

MarcSmith
06-22-2005, 02:19 PM
How about some Elbow Grease :) Just kidding....

If you can I'd hose it down daili, but if not at leasy use a blower daily. and once a week hit with a hose, Once your done that then you get out the grease gun and hit the zerks to push out any H20....

GLC51
06-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I sometimes prop the front end up and blast it with the power washer. It's messy but it works. Once it's clean you could try some product to make it come off easier, liquid film etc. has lanolin in it. When you do use water to clean out the deck you do end up with a big pile of wet grass to get rid of and as stated above be sure to grease all the fittings to force out any water. Be very careful around the spindles you don't want to force water into those.