PDA

View Full Version : toro riding mower 16hp briggs

roses
06-20-2005, 02:20 PM
When i try to start my mower sometimes acts like the engine is hanging because the engine compression stops it. i can turn the flywheel over by hand and it will shoot gas out of the carburetor, after a few times of turning the flywheel and gas every where it will start and run fine. But the next time i mow it may start without a hitch.
Any one have any experience with this. It is of course out of warranty. i think it is about a 2002.
Model 71227
38 inch cut
16 horsepower Briggs motor.
sn220015582
any help would be appreciated

Restrorob
06-20-2005, 06:37 PM
When i try to start my mower sometimes acts like the engine is hanging because the engine compression stops it. i can turn the flywheel over by hand and it will shoot gas out of the carburetor, after a few times of turning the flywheel and gas every where it will start and run fine. But the next time i mow it may start without a hitch.
Any one have any experience with this. It is of course out of warranty. i think it is about a 2002.
Model 71227
38 inch cut
16 horsepower Briggs motor.
sn220015582
any help would be appreciated

Sounds like some trash in the carb.,It's flooding and filling the cylinder with fuel when parked. If when you shut it down and the valves happen to be closed it wont fill the cylinder.
The fix is to purchase a rebuild kit and clean it out with carb. choke spray cleaner install the kit,Replace the fuel filter and check the tank for trash.
Also check the oil for fuel contamination and change if needed.

Lawn Masters
06-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Sonds like you might need a carb rebuild as its flooding the engine to the point of hydrolock.