PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 6.75hp Lawn Mower Starter Rope

NTG
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Hello. I have a Craftsman 6.75hp lawn mower and last night when I was cutting the lawn ran over the starter rope. I managed to pull the rope out however now when I pull the starter rope it locks up and won't move. I was thinking I have to replace the pulley assembly but before I head off to Sears was hoping someone may have experienced the same issue and know exactly what I need to replace. Thanks in advance.

Restrorob
06-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Hello. I have a Craftsman 6.75hp lawn mower and last night when I was cutting the lawn ran over the starter rope. I managed to pull the rope out however now when I pull the starter rope it locks up and won't move. I was thinking I have to replace the pulley assembly but before I head off to Sears was hoping someone may have experienced the same issue and know exactly what I need to replace. Thanks in advance.

First of all can you clarify; How did you run over the rope ? Does it not hook into a holder on the handle ? When you ran it over did it get wrapped around the engine crankshaft while running ?
These answers will give me a idea as to what may have been damaged.