PDA

View Full Version : In Between Mows

Green-Pro
06-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey all, its been dry, dry,dry here, not much mowing but that gives me time to do some jobs that needed to be done. This one I started the lady needs done by July 9th. Edge beds & trees, mulch all with twice ground hardwood, trim some shrubs and ornamental miniature trees, plant some perennials, and weed.

Weeding I can't stand but this is not bad the weeds mostly come out with the edging, other than that maybe one five gallon bucket full of weeds, I can stand that.

Anyway hope you all are getting some rain and if you are please send some this way :waving:

Let me know what you think of the edges so far, this is only what i got done in about an hour today, couple more on new thread following this one.

-Geoff

Up North
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Looks good Geoff. I wish I could send you some of our rain...we've been so water logged up here that I've skipped many days due to the rain. When I can get out it's like ditch mowing, everything is so tall it needs double cutting. We finally have had a couple days without rain, so hopefully we'll get into a normal pattern now.

I think our grouse and pheasant population is going to take a huge hit this year, not a good spring for this year's hatch.

Buck

Green-Pro
06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks Buck,
Our state biologist is predicting a banner year for us on ringnecks, due in large part to the mild winter and dry spring. Almost all my accounts are about fifteen miles away, last Sunday at our place we got about two inches of rain (right after putting Merit, grub control, down) Where my accounts are nothing for dang near over two weeks!! commercial and govt. props still get mowed but not many residences. On the plus side I have a lot of these renovation/install jobs to do, and it kind of gives us a nice break in the routine :) if ya know what I mean.

-Geoff

P.S. Plenty of birds to share this fall we need to plan a hunt later this summer for the season.