PDA

View Full Version : My 3 year old's first fish...

Up North
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Boatmotor was in the shop being repaired so took my oldest out for a little shoreline fishing. This is his first catch...pretty happy boy! He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy... :rolleyes:

It's a little hard to make out, but it's down by his feet. I don't know who was more proud, me of him, or him catching the fish. :D I figured Camland, Lux lawn, Green Pro and FGA would enjoy this pic.

Tackle used...Scooby Doo rod, bobber, & waxie.

Buck

Up North
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
thought I'd throw in a pic of some stripes up & down my driveway. May be a little hard to make out, but it looks pretty cool in person. I think you should be able to see one side.

Buck

ECS
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
The smile on his face says it all. :)

HOOLIE
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
How much land do you have up there? Looks like your son had a great time out there.

Up North
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
How much land do you have up there? Looks like your son had a great time out there.

Hoolie, we have 15 acres here on the homesite. It backs up to 160 acres of state land, so we have plenty of trails and room to roam. Yeah he had a good time, ECS said it best...the smile says it all. He's been out ice fishing with me a couple times and in the boat once but this was his first catch.

Buck

CottonPatch
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I went fishing here in our private subdivision lake. Ten minutes goes by and my cell phone rings. It was my two year old girl pissed cause I did not take her with me. I won't make that mistake twice. We are about to have a little boy in a couple of weeks. But I have feeling, she is going to be with daddy on every hunting and fishing trips. All I can say, THANK GOD FOR KIDS!

geogunn
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
BUCK--whassup with the BAMBINO and the GRIN???

I grin twice that big when I catch a minnow half that size....

GEO :)

HOOLIE
06-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Hoolie, we have 15 acres here on the homesite. It backs up to 160 acres of state land, so we have plenty of trails and room to roam. Yeah he had a good time, ECS said it best...the smile says it all. He's been out ice fishing with me a couple times and in the boat once but this was his first catch.

Buck

Well you got me beat, Buck. I only have around 8,000 sqft...and when I mow it, I feel like I'm wasting time, not making any money :p

In the picture, next to the transformer box, what is that, your pet moose?

sildoc
06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Got to Love it. Youngest turned 3 today. Took half the day and went fishin. caught about 15 Bows and one brown.
3rd boy is due in sept and waiting to go hunting for elk. Have a big pow wow with the family during elk season, Big cammping trip for myself and the boys. Wife enjoys it also.
Kids??? Just the king bees of tommarrow. Looking forward when the oldest can help me reguarly. Hes 5 now and cant wait.

Gr grass n Hi tides
06-22-2005, 07:42 AM
He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy... :rolleyes:

Naw Buck, that's how you do it. Set them up with a passion that will last a lifetime. Get them success at it early & often. My gals are both fishin' maniacs! When we were in PA, out fishing at a lake with a bunch of our cousins....nothing was biting. My 10 yo said "daddy can you make me a pole with a couple of weights?" Everyone was using corks/worms. I rigged her up with some split shot, took a couple steps down the bank & she said "no! I'll do it......." So she takes the rod walks about 50 yds., starts to cast & bounce if off the bottom. Jigging. She lands a bass, yellow perch & one brim all in about 20 min. Totally schooled us all.

The backdrop to this day was a number of times out down here. Some insane days on the sound where rockfish were hitting rattle traps on just about every throw. Bluefish off the pier on every cast. Brim on flyrod in the middle of the summer. Now.........when we go & nothing is completely turned on like that she can ride out the slow bites.

Downeast
06-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Ya Gr Grass been in many blue fish frenzies myself.Cast after cast pulling in blues.They put up a great fight .Standing on the jetties you can see them chasing the lure and have to slow it down for them to hit,three or four after it at times.

Great pic of a happy kid Buck.Lawn looks nice too.

Gr grass n Hi tides
06-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Ya Gr Grass been in many blue fish frenzies myself.Cast after cast pulling in blues.They put up a great fight .Standing on the jetties you can see them chasing the lure and have to slow it down for them to hit,three or four after it at times.

Great pic of a happy kid Buck.Lawn looks nice too.

yeah man, that's a good time for sure. The rock get thick like that sometimes too....what a blast! I remember this one run.....I threw the rattle trap up next to shore & actually got it stuck on the bank just barely touching the water. So I'm trying to pull if off & a rock comes up and smashes it off! I landed that fish.

Up North
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Well you got me beat, Buck. I only have around 8,000 sqft...and when I mow it, I feel like I'm wasting time, not making any money :p

In the picture, next to the transformer box, what is that, your pet moose?

LOL! I didn't even notice it in the picture. That's my Delta Buck (target) for shooting my bow. Don't worry, I really feel like I'm wasting my time with our lawn...mow about 2 1/2 acres and don't get paid. :cry:

Geo, I smile wide just being on the lake...don't even need to catch a fish!

Buck

olderthandirt
06-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Good going Buck, to you and your son. You know the saying? The fishings always good but the catching can suck some times

fga
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Boatmotor was in the shop being repaired so took my oldest out for a little shoreline fishing. This is his first catch...pretty happy boy! He caught about 5 bluegills in about 15 minutes, now of course he thinks fishing is easy... :rolleyes:

It's a little hard to make out, but it's down by his feet. I don't know who was more proud, me of him, or him catching the fish. :D I figured Camland, Lux lawn, Green Pro and FGA would enjoy this pic.

Tackle used...Scooby Doo rod, bobber, & waxie.

Buck
great pics buck!
i was catching seaweed at his age.. and occasionally my grandpa's lines from underneath the boat :dizzy: good job.

also, in the second pic, is that deer or whatever that is, on the right real?

twins_lawn_care
06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
great pics! I'm at about th esame age with my boys now, turning 3 in august. the smile on their faces is worth all the hard work, long nights, and whatever it took to get them this far.

I'll have to throw up a pic or two as well when I get them. My one son had more fun "throwing" the fish back then catching it I think :)

already planning some fishing trips as they get older. now I know exactly how my dad felt when i was younger. there's not too many things people can relate to exactly in the same way now a days as compared to when our parents were young, but fishing is one of them. the simple excitement seems to be unaffected by time. nature is the way to go

Up North
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
great pics buck!
i was catching seaweed at his age.. and occasionally my grandpa's lines from underneath the boat :dizzy: good job.

also, in the second pic, is that deer or whatever that is, on the right real?

Adam,
I remember snagging my dad's line a few times...first couple times it was funny and okay...after that I could tell by the look on his face it wasn't so cool anymore. :blush:

That deer in the picture is for practicing with my bow, I know you probably don't like to hear that, but I am an avid hunter and always will be as that is how I was raised. Two huge passions in my life, my boys and the outdoors. Soon they will both be at an age where we can all enjoy the the outdoors together (if they wish). It don't get any better then that, for me anyway.

Twins, we need to see some new pics of your boys. And you're absolutely right about the efforts we go through as parents to put a smile on their face. The one thing that I really wish for is that my dad was still here to enjoy his grandsons, nothing in this world would have put a bigger smile on his face. I could also pay him the respect he deserved as now I know what it's like being a father. I've realized after having two boys of my own that my dad was truly one of the best, hands down.

Buck

Up North
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Good going Buck, to you and your son. You know the saying? The fishings always good but the catching can suck some times

Yep, right on Mac. If I only went hunting & fishing just to bring something home or limit out...I'd have quit a long time ago. Being out there is the fuel for my fire, anything on the end of my line or in my sights is just a bonus.

Buck

Lux Lawn
06-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Buck--Man that smile says it all right there..."look dad my first fish".He sure looks happy being out there with you,i'm sure both of your boys will grow up to be the outdoors men that you are.Like you say its to bad that your father isn't here to see it I bet he would be proud.Sorry you lost him so young.

I bet he wasn't smiling like that when you made him get out there and cut that 2.5 acre's of grass.

Up North
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Buck--Man that smile says it all right there..."look dad my first fish".He sure looks happy being out there with you,i'm sure both of your boys will grow up to be the outdoors men that you are.Like you say its to bad that your father isn't here to see it I bet he would be proud.Sorry you lost him so young.

I bet he wasn't smiling like that when you made him get out there and cut that 2.5 acre's of grass.

Wait till he finds out it's called "work"... :D

Buck

twins_lawn_care
06-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Twins, we need to see some new pics of your boys. And you're absolutely right about the efforts we go through as parents to put a smile on their face. The one thing that I really wish for is that my dad was still here to enjoy his grandsons, nothing in this world would have put a bigger smile on his face. I could also pay him the respect he deserved as now I know what it's like being a father. I've realized after having two boys of my own that my dad was truly one of the best, hands down.

Buck

Hey Buck,
recognize this look???
to all you gys out there without kids yet, this is the ...
"we're not guilty of anything" look :)

looks like an intense game of dodgeball going on, brought out the helmets and everything!

Up North
06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey Buck,
recognize this look???
to all you gys out there without kids yet, this is the ...
"we're not guilty of anything" look :)

looks like an intense game of dodgeball going on, brought out the helmets and everything!

LOL! Yep, that's the look. My 18 month old has that look almost all the time...he's the trouble maker and instigator. :rolleyes:

Good pic buddy!

Buck