PDA

View Full Version : Toro walk-behind

A.R.P.
06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
I posting this as a last ditch effort to fix a non functioning clutch on a 44" walk behind. Voltage at the alternator is 27 VAC. At the clutch switch, 32 VDC until I engage the switch then it drops to 4.5 VDC. The clutch is activated by 11.9 VDC, 2.9 amps at 3000 RPM. I am ready to haul it to the dealer who has been very helpful on the phone. Can anyone help?

brucec32
07-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Assuming it's the clutch and not something else in the path, the cost of a new replacement clutch online is about $175 to $250 depending on model and where you can find one. Dealer will of course be higher.

What's your time worth? A repaired unit may fail again soon, too.

Restrorob
07-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I posting this as a last ditch effort to fix a non functioning clutch on a 44" walk behind. Voltage at the alternator is 27 VAC. At the clutch switch, 32 VDC until I engage the switch then it drops to 4.5 VDC. The clutch is activated by 11.9 VDC, 2.9 amps at 3000 RPM. I am ready to haul it to the dealer who has been very helpful on the phone. Can anyone help?

We were a Toro dealer years ago and it's been that long since a worked on one. If you post your unit model numbers and the engine model and spec. numbers I will see what I can dig up.