PDA

View Full Version : Walker GHS Lifts??

captdevo
03-01-2001, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ever used or seen up close, the scissor type lifts that lift and dump truck height which mount on the Walker hopper? I have seen them in the trade magazines, but never up close. How are they?

mdb landscaping
03-01-2001, 01:55 PM
i know hustler makes one that can lift into a dump truck. never seen one on a walker though

Mike Paulsen
03-01-2001, 01:56 PM
Have one on my 20hp with the smaller hopper. Love it . If you bagg alot of grass it will save your back and up production.

captdevo
03-01-2001, 02:03 PM
Is it the all seasons brand? From the picture in Lawn & Landscape it does not look very sturdy. How long have you had it? It seems if you were trying to dump when sitting on uneven ground it would be too top heavy, especially with wet grass. How much was it?

Mike Paulsen
03-01-2001, 02:14 PM
Yes ,it's the four season one. It is built well. I haven't had any real problems with it. I've had it two or three season, i think three going on four.I don't see any wear to make me think it is going to go out. I think it will out last the walker so it will go on the next one.I put about 3-4oo hundred hours on it a year and that's all bagged so you can figure how much it goes up and down. It needs to be on level ground to dump but is very stable. I would have to look but i think it was about $2500.You can put it on on a rainy day. Hope this helps. I don't have any regrets buying it.