PDA

View Full Version : x-10

arosewag
06-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Has anyone here used the x-10 products?

zukofsu
06-24-2005, 10:17 PM
We use the X-10 products and our clients have been very happy.

The ability for them to control the lighting from any outlet in the house and change the run time has helped sell systems tremendously.

For long entrances that are illuminated, we offer the keychain remote that they can attach to their car keys. This is a nice selling feature if they are coming home late one night and the lights have turned off via the timer.

You can install a photocell and set the timer to come on before it gets dark and the photocell will then override and turn the system on once it gets dark.

I offer the photocell and X-10, but most clients prefer just to use the timer with the X-10 at a specified time.

I am pretty new to X-10, but it is simple to install and a great upsell. You should see the clients faces when you are holding the remote or timer and click the entire system on and off.

I have heard of interference with plasma televisions, (interference for the x-10, not Tv) but we have not had any problems even with clients that had 3 or more plasmas throughout their home.

Eddie B
06-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Has anyone here used the x-10 products?

great products, but sometimes they act strange. I've heard of them interfering with wireless computer networks.

nlminc
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Website for x- 10?

shepoutside
06-26-2005, 10:01 PM
http://www.smarthome.com/x10map.html

Great products, we use them alot :)

Eddie B
06-27-2005, 06:49 AM
get it from the source, www.x10.com

arosewag
06-27-2005, 09:27 PM
http://www.x10pro.com/

I've used x-10 with a few installs to control the landscape lighting that I installed. So far it's been great. I have two customers who now want to control other things in their house. I did run into a problem. I ordered a wall switch to control a transformer that was hard-wired. The problem is the switch is only for incandescent lighting. They do make a switch for other uses that I have since ordered. Can anyone explain the difference between resistive or inductive lighting and incandescent lighting?

T.Wells
07-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I have heard of interference with plasma televisions, (interference for the x-10, not Tv) but we have not had any problems even with clients that had 3 or more plasmas throughout their home.

I have a single plasma and LCD in my house and I put noise filters on them up-front so that I would not have to worry about problems down the road. I also put filters on my computers and Christmas lights as these two always seem to cause me problems.

-T.Wells

ztoro
07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Radio shack sells the same system.. compatible with X-10.. i assume its made by X-10.. I have mixed and matched the systems...

Awesome Idea.. we use it for candle lights in our windows.. One switch turns on every unit.....

ztoro
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
just a heads up for you guys that are working on homes with 200 amp service... YOu need to buy some sort of capacitor to allow the signals to freely travel thru each line

Varsity L&G
08-14-2005, 10:47 PM
I once was on the X-10 kick and used them in every room in the house. Placed a motion sensor in the hall and bathroom to turn on the lights at night.

Hint do not place a motion sensor were you rely on it to see. Do not work very well when you are in the shower or well you get the idea. Lasted one day in there. Friends thought it was cool anyway.

Great stuff but after awile you get to were you just want to flip a switch.