PDA

View Full Version : NC-VA-MD-DEL Lazer Z Prices

Strawbridge Lawn
03-01-2001, 02:17 PM
I am trying to find the best price on a new Lazer Z HP 52" with a 23 HP Kawa. Anyone that has purchased one recently from these 4 states, please indicate where, and how much and for what price including tax. Locally they are running $7,200 from a dealer, and I have seen some say they have paid 6,500. Thanks

Richard Martin
03-01-2001, 04:15 PM
Call Kohler Equiptment in Upper Marlboro MD. They will sell you a Lazer Z 60 with 25 koh engine for $7295.00. At these prices the 52 must be cheaper than you are quoting. They also have Shin T-230 trimmers for $219.00 but Annapolis Lawn & Garden is having a open house on Wednesday the 7th and they said they will sell the same trimmer for less.

Kohler Equiptment 1.301.249.2200
Annapolis L & G 1.410.224.3112

Strawbridge Lawn
03-02-2001, 09:05 AM
Thank You for that info. I guess you could say I am caught
between a rock and a hard place. You want a nearby dealer, but if you can get a machine fpr $300-$500 cheaper either at out of state dealers or online you need to weigh whether having a nearby dealer (should you need repairs)is worth paying that extra money. A tough one to decide.
Any other thoughts comments?

Richard Martin
03-02-2001, 10:33 AM
If the difference is only 3-5 hundred dollars you should buy locally. Your local dealer will work on a machine that he sold long before he works on one he doesn't.

I live in an area where that are a lot of Exmark dealers within 20 miles. When I first bought my Exmark it had a oil leak at the base gasket. After 4 trips to the dealer I bought it from (they did work on it immediately) I called Exmark and they said to take it to a different dealer.

Well, it sat in the other dealer's shop for 5 days (at the height of cutting season) before they even looked at it.

Kwabdog
03-02-2001, 11:13 AM
Great posting. I just spent a week calling all the Exmark dealerships in VA, MD, PA, and DE. I was pricing the Laser Z with the 60" deck and the UltraVack. Here is what I am going to tell you. Check out South Potomac in Fort Washington, MD. The dealer nearest to my house quoted me $8000 just for the Laser. Koelher in Bowie, MD has a good price at $7200 for the Laser. But I got the brand spanking new unit from South Potomac for $6700!!!! I was extremely impressed. Plus, when I went to their shop, I was further impressed with the salesman (Dave). He really knew his stuff. Sometimes you can tell when a person is a salesman and when a person actually lives and breathes his products. I felt really comfortable knowing that they would provide good support. I had ton of questions, and he answered them all to my satisfaction. I also purchased the UltraVac for $1500. With the price difference between my highest quote and South Potomac's price, I was able to purchase some other accessories. I bought a new Husqvarna saw (381 XP). One bad mama-jama. Anyway, best of luck to you in your search. Give South Potomac a call. I think you will be impressed and satisfied.

Jusmowin
03-02-2001, 11:16 AM
Gary, hey im in the Beach area too. $7200 is not a bad price at all for that machine .Give that dealer a chance , I have exmarks too and have had great support from the exmark dealer in our area .

Strawbridge Lawn
03-05-2001, 09:00 AM
Thanks, I have noted in the Va Beach area that prices seem to be about 300-500 above the rock bottom prices being quoted here from other states and the on-line sites.
I don't see the gain in going on-line (100 bucks?) plus there is no assurance the dealer will fix you when it breaks in-season. Thanks for your help folks you have all made the decision process easier