PDA

View Full Version : rewiring a dynamark ignition switch

redjayson
06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
hi i have a dynamark riding mower the engine is a tecumseh 15.5 hp the model number is ohv155 i need to put an ignition switch in but the wires are all tangled up and taped together so could some one please help me find a wiring diagram and on the body of the riding mower that model number is faded out the person who sold it to me said it was about 2 years old thankyou

Restrorob
06-22-2005, 08:11 PM
hi i have a dynamark riding mower the engine is a tecumseh 15.5 hp the model number is ohv155 i need to put an ignition switch in but the wires are all tangled up and taped together so could some one please help me find a wiring diagram and on the body of the riding mower that model number is faded out the person who sold it to me said it was about 2 years old thankyou

Its impossible to find the proper wiring diagram without the model number off the mower body.
Was there a ignition switch in the mower when you purchased it ?
I may possibly be able to explain a basic switch hook-up but without the safety interlok system with some more info. on the engine and mower.
Sometimes you can hold a flashlite down close and shine across the model number decal and see a imprint of the numbers looking from different angels.

redjayson
06-22-2005, 10:43 PM
no the switch was not on the mower ill check my mower tomorrow and see if i can get the model number the mower is at my workshop and ill get back to you thanks for any help you can give

redjayson
06-25-2005, 07:48 PM
hi i had no luck getting the model number but i still need help thanks

fixer67
06-25-2005, 10:57 PM
This is about as basic as it gets. It does not show any charging system information or any safety switches. It is a bare-bones set up.

WARNING!!!If you feed 12 volts from the battery back into the coil kill circuit the coil WILL be destroyed! Test the set up first by unhooking the kill wire from the coil and using a meter or test light make 200% sure there is no voltage on that kill lead before hooking it to the coil or it will be fryed

Restrorob=feel free to use the picture I posted and make changes as needed.

Restrorob
06-25-2005, 11:01 PM
hi i had no luck getting the model number but i still need help thanks

Ok fixer67 has you set-up.

fixer67
06-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I just thought I had better throw this in as a side note. Just because the picture I posted shows a 5 Pole key switch DOES NOT mean any 5 pole switch will do. There are dozens and dozens of them things and no two are wired alike. What ever switch you use you need to use a meter and check the switch contacts BEFORE ever putting power to it.

fixer67
06-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Here is a two switch layout of the picture I posted before. I hope Briggs does not get upset I used their picture like this.

redjayson
06-26-2005, 12:28 AM
just wanted to say thank you ill give it a try tomorrow thanks alot restrorob and fixer67

Dirty Water
06-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Here is a two switch layout of the picture I posted before. I hope Briggs does not get upset I used their picture like this.

I wired our DW 3500 the same way using some heavy duty offroading switches after having trenching dust eat up the original DW key switch and two universal ones.

The only difference is that I wired the toggle and pushbutton together so that you couldn't crank the engine with the fuel cut solinoid (remember, diesal) off.