PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth Fun

SWguy
03-01-2001, 05:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there is in the fort worth area, and can lend any area related tips to
planting
mulching
clients
advertisement
growers
ect.

Thanks

Mowingman
03-03-2001, 07:20 PM
SWguy
I am just up the road in Denton. What specific questions can I help with. I have been mowing up here for 11 years. Just went fulltime with the business last season.

greenflag
03-04-2001, 11:24 PM
I'm south of you in Burleson. I am still only part time. Good to see some Texas boys out there.

Mowingman
03-05-2001, 10:00 AM
greenflag,
I assume you know Sean at Tom's Small Engine. I bought a Walker mower from them 2 years ago. They really have a good operation there. I wish they had a store in Denton so I didn't have to drive so far. If you haven't dealt with them, you should stop and check them out. Sun is shining up here. I'm headed out to mow.

greenflag
03-06-2001, 12:08 AM
Mowingman,
I didn't buy my first new mower from Sean but, I will buy my next from him. They are great guys. They are about a mile south of me, so you can't get anymore conveinent. They are having an open house on the 15th of March. I'm going to stop in. If you guys aren't too busy come by.

Runner
03-06-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Mowingman
greenflag,
. Sun is shining up here. I'm headed out to mow.

Boy, does THAT make me sick!!!

greenflag
03-06-2001, 01:26 AM
Runner,
If it makes you feel any better we have had rain for the better part of the last few weeks. I had to power lift my Toro hydro w/b earlier because the ground is so soft. We have to cut while the sun is shining because in Texas if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes.

SWguy
03-07-2001, 11:22 PM
Just wondering how far you guys travel out of your area to mow. I have been doing this part time for five years. I thought I would get out it, but here I am again. Like cold turkey. Good luck

Mowingman
03-08-2001, 12:10 AM
SWguy,
There is so much work here in Denton that I decided not to go far from town to mow. I only go a max of 5 miles out of the city limits. Running up and down the highway takes time away from mowing. When people have asked me to bid on work out of the city limits I tell them up front I will add 50.00/hr for travel to and from their location. I have had no takers so far.

greenflag
03-08-2001, 12:25 AM
I am small time But I only have one yard out of town. It is a $50 mow and a good friend. Everything else I am trying to keep as close as possible. After all you make more money mowing than driving. There are alot of LCOs here but there seems to be plenty of work.

Garry

kutnkru
03-08-2001, 12:30 AM
Does any of you guys down that way know of a town called fred???

Thanks if you do, no prob if you dont -its all good.
Kris

Mowingman
03-08-2001, 12:37 AM
My map shows Fred, Tx. to be a little town in the SE corner of the state ,just north of Beaumont.

kutnkru
03-08-2001, 12:40 AM
Kris